What did you do to your mk7 today?

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1
Went from SUV to sports car
Dinan coilovers
034 dynamic camber mounts

245/40 and no rubbing over some pretty big bumps.
No bounciness. Was worried about that because no reviews on these. They actually ride really close to stock. A little better because it doesn't rock back and forth as much.

Someone finally put their Dinan coilovers on! Very excited to hear more feedback on them. Mine are still in the basement waiting to go on (probably this spring). Make sure you update that old Dinan thread too.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Someone finally put their Dinan coilovers on! Very excited to hear more feedback on them. Mine are still in the basement waiting to go on (probably this spring). Make sure you update that old Dinan thread too.

Yeah, mine have been sitting in the garage since they went on sale i think last December... that's 2017, not 2018.. along with the camber mounts. Knew i didn't want to deal with rubbing and wanted better turn in without going with a rsb. Just my untested theory is it's better to have as little connection between the 2 wheels for better suspension articulation for comfort and traction. I think i read that when they were designing the Lotus Elise, they didn't add sway bars for this reason.

The installer did lower it more than i wanted, but so far, I'm ok with it. I'll be going on my bumpy background commute today so I'll know more.

That Dinan thread turned into the Dinan piggyback thread because no one installed these coilovers afaik. But I'll definitely update.

That being said I'm no expert when it comes to tactile feedback and subtle nuances of handling, so it'll probably be pretty generic.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
53 degrees and sunny? Foam cannon and wash time.

Love that silver white glare in the sun

Recchione04

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2018 Volkswagen GTI
My JB4 tune, GFB dv+, ecs flush kit, ecs turbo muffler deletwle, and ecs turbo inlet pipe all came today. Last night i installed the lamin-x all the qay around, just the tint tho (lightest colored smoke) and yellow fogs.. also threw the rear badge color match inlay in, looks surprisingly good. (GFG)

Should have everything installed by the end of the week, but currently central PA is getting blasted with shitty weather. Im ready for spring.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Go Gray beat your ass, didn't she.

Yes she did lol, she’s actually lined up to race Rally X Lites. Very impressive driving to say the least and yes I did get smoked haha.

Talking to regulars there Friday nights are the time to go, usually a variety of professional or up and coming drivers there given our location (Charlotte, NC) there’s no shortage of talent

But of our group we went with I was the fastest, so I had those bragging rights

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Installed urotunings wheel stud conversion kit. I'll be changing the lugs down the road, but for now they will do.

In preparation for new wheels in a month [emoji16]

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Not today, but in the last week... 17z on my TDI, and mud flaps... Also went back to stock height. Was on H&Rs but it was too low (for me) in LA... The wheel gap is here to stay unless I can find some seriously beefy tires, haha. And some touch-ups are needed on the brembos. They barely fit under RSE05s, 10mm spacers but 5 may have cleared.

PP rear brakes, GTI/PP/R master cylinder and brake booster, side skirts and front lip coming next. And one day I'll install my folding mirrors with black caps.

Threw in a before picture. I loved the look but I've scraped too many times. I'm actually running a Unibrace UBQ and I've caught it on a hump coming out of an underground parking garage, thought I seriously broke something.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Not today, but in the last week... 17z on my TDI, and mud flaps... Also went back to stock height. Was on H&Rs but it was too low (for me) in LA... The wheel gap is here to stay unless I can find some seriously beefy tires, haha. And some touch-ups are needed on the brembos. They barely fit under RSE05s, 10mm spacers but 5 may have cleared.

PP rear brakes, GTI/PP/R master cylinder and brake booster, side skirts and front lip coming next. And one day I'll install my folding mirrors with black caps.

Threw in a before picture. I loved the look but I've scraped too many times. I'm actually running a Unibrace UBQ and I've caught it on a hump coming out of an underground parking garage, thought I seriously broke something.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Was going into a shopping center not far from Beverly Hills yesterday. When I saw the cusp at the top of the entrance to the center underground garage, I said fuck it and parked outside. Lowered or not, these folks building these shitty roads and parking entrances/exits clearly lack common sense.

ebg18t

Ready to race!
Blade3562 - Have you tried using Off-road mode? I found the Haldex completely different in the snow using this mode.

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
We finally got some snow! My wagon did awesome aside from the stock tires and stock Haldex software.

The stock Hankook Kinergy GTs have absolutely minimal grip and the weirdest steering response in snow. I didn't plan on buying snows, but after saturdays performance I see they are a must. I expected the hankooks to suck, but not this much lol.

I definitely need a way to manually adjust/control/lock the Haldex. When the Haldex is engaged the car will go anywhere, but for some reason the Haldex unit disengages too early. We were turning around in some compacted snow that was about a foot deep, and the car just stopped moving. The Haldex controller didn't understand what was going on and threw a traction system error. I had to be pulled out by my buddy's outback so I'm sure he'll never let this one down lol.

I was so happy when it started snowing. I wish I had an AWD car to go have some fun in but my camry with broken ABS sensors lets me have a little fun. We got POUNDED this weekend. Had some fun blasting through the empty streets to go buy another snow shovel so the lady could help me clear the driveway lol