133.3 KB · Views: 1,938
  • FullSizeRender (2).jpg
    FullSizeRender (2).jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 2,050

Hammersticks

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'16 GTI, '18 e-Golf
So where exactly is this Andy located? I seem to be missing that info in the thread.

He's down in the South Bay. If you want something closer I went to minute muffler in Dublin....right off 580. $40 for the install (including a sleeve for putting the stock muffler back on). Workmanship is decent and the price is right.

Edit: ps, here's what 3.5" tips look like...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

ChgoFenian

Just purchased billet black BMS exhaust tips for my 2016 Black GTI. They are relatively cheap - $130 for the pair. They are new for BMS and fit over the OEM pipes perfectly with two screws on each to hold them on. No garage install and took me 5 minutes to put on.
So far look and work great.

Attachments

• IMG_2183.jpg
    IMG_2183.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 1,362
Last edited:

Jose_Gti

Autocross Newbie
Just purchased billet black BMS exhaust tips for my 2016 Black GTI. They are relatively cheap - $130 for the pair. They are new for BMS and fit over the OEM pipes perfectly with two screws on each to hold them on. No garage install and took me 5 minutes to put on.
So far look and work great.

Picture or it didn't happened ;)

Nmike101

Passed Driver's Ed
Andy is the man! Super fast and professional. I went with the JST139s from Ebay too and couldn't be happier.

Hey. I had JST139s put on today and had a question. Love the tips, but my install did not go as planned (see pic). Right one is good, but left is out too far and crooked I think. Talked with the guy afterward to see if he could make them even, and he basically told me no. He said the tips were the wrong size, and he had to butt weld them because they did not slide over the pipe correctly. He also said the curve of the pipe would not allow it on the left side. Obviously not happy, as I saw the pictures on this post and loved the tips, but it is what it is at this point.

For you guys putting on these tips, are yours butt welded 360 degrees, or did they slide over the pipe and get tack welded like I thought they would?

Thanks.

Gogo GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
That sucks. A pro wouldve pointed that out before working on it. Shouldve just went with the BMS slip ons.

Welp time to get a CSS muffler!

Nmike101

Passed Driver's Ed
That sucks. A pro wouldve pointed that out before working on it. Shouldve just went with the BMS slip ons.

Welp time to get a CSS muffler!

Agree 100%. All he had to do was shoot me a text when he realized that. I thought the same thing about just getting a new setup, but the police in my area are very sensitive about louder exhausts.

Attached the pic in this post so you can see my tips look like Debo’s eyes from Friday. Actually looks much more off in person. First person I showed the first thing they said was why is the left one so much farther out.

Gogo GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Im hoping to do the same. Let me know what you find out. Its been a while since I last checked into this, but the CSS inlet is definitely larger, otherwise I would have swapped them for slash cuts a long time ago.

AdamSheikh

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI | 24 RS 3
Thinking of changing the tips on the Clubsport.
Anyone know if the Clubsport inlet section is 2.5, as per the normal GTI?

Im hoping to do the same. Let me know what you find out. Its been a while since I last checked into this, but the CSS inlet is definitely larger, otherwise I would have swapped them for slash cuts a long time ago.

I personally LOVE the CSS tips - they were actually the primary reason I sourced the muffler before I even realized the sound would be so perfect too.

That said, if either of you do end up swapping the tips, would you be willing to sell the CSS ones? I have a friend who would likely want them for his stock muffler.

daisoma

Passed Driver's Ed
Guys with the eBay tips does it still turn black or does it stay shiny?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

PerceivedShift

Autocross Champion
Guys with the eBay tips does it still turn black or does it stay shiny?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
All tips will turn black, you just gotta clean them every week. :D

Edit: I wipe them down every few days if I can. My stock ones are still shiny!

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 3Dr GTi DSG CSG
Any tips [emoji23] for bringing the factory tips back to life? Mine are pretty clean but they have ground in carbon deposits at the bottom, probably from lack of regular cleaning by the previous owner.