GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Hybrid IS38 Options?

NH_MK7R

Hi guys,

I made a similar thread in the GTI/Golf tab but this is probably a better place for it seeing that the R comes with an IS38.

I'm planning on doing an IS38 swap on my MK6 GLI (yes I know it's not a Golf) and I'm considering hybrid options.

Here's what I'm looking for:
- Something affordable (preferably under $2k, I can supply an IS38 for upgrading)
- Something that can make 400-500hp. I'd like to be able to daily it at around 420-450hp and have a higher setting for close to 500.
- Something that won't blow up in a month

Any input is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Fastlax16

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2019 DBP R
Hi guys,

I made a similar thread in the GTI/Golf tab but this is probably a better place for it seeing that the R comes with an IS38.

I'm planning on doing an IS38 swap on my MK6 GLI (yes I know it's not a Golf) and I'm considering hybrid options.

Here's what I'm looking for:

- Something affordable (preferably under $2k, I can supply an IS38 for upgrading)

- Something that can make 400-500hp. I'd like to be able to daily it at around 420-450hp and have a higher setting for close to 500.

- Something that won't blow up in a month

Any input is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Check out the dbv2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi guys,

Equilibrium Tuning Vortex. Under $2k, good to over 500hp depending on fuel, and you can sell your current IS38 (I got $500 for mine without the DV and WG)

https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41960&page=1

65 pages of very good info to wade through. It'll be worth your time to look it over

iTsLiKeAnEgG

Ready to race!