GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Wiper fault and auto headlight control fault

trbochrg1

Passed Driver's Ed
UPDATE - Just got a call that they have resolved the issue. Apparently the pin 3 connector in the rain/light sensor was the issue. They have fixed it and told me the car is ready.
Will report back if anything else happens.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
VW = Lucas. I just had a Park Pilot Not Available message pop up for no reason this afternoon. If I have an error I'll post.

KevinC

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'19 Golf R, '21 M2c
VW = Lucas. I just had a Park Pilot Not Available message pop up for no reason this afternoon. If I have an error I'll post.

lol at the Lucas comment. C'mon current VW's aren't THAT bad!

I've had that error a handful of times randomly too, and it's been mentioned occasionally by others here. I shrug it off.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
I guess VW's GFF sucks. If they said it was a connector and they fixed it, it's either their work or another connector on that line, the wiring, the sensor, or the module. When I had a wheel sensor fault the mechanic said you can't tell if it's a pin, the plastic connector housing not locking, or the sensor itself. So he replaced everything. The problem hasn't come back. I have to believe him. I was in the shop :) My VCDS scan only reported front left wheel sensor as causing the fault, so it can't tell precisely either.

And VCDS found no fault in my Park Pilot or anywhere else.

I hope the dealer finds the problem.

trbochrg1

Passed Driver's Ed
Ok, so I just got a call that it has been fixed.

They once again said it had to do with that wire in pin #3. What they found now is that it was pinched between the molding and the body in the A Pillar.

Leaving work early to go pick it up before they close.

Fingers crossed.

trbochrg1

Passed Driver's Ed
So far so good. Hopefully this is the last time I have to update this post.

Here's the list of what they replaced.

Parts:
5G0867276B Clamp (2)
000979940 Connector (7)
00097900EA Wires (1)

Last edited:

GrafiCar

Hi ,

If the problem is solved, do you share the method with me?

I'm very curious because I'm having the same problem

GrafiCar

In my vehicle sensor error was detected. Changed with a new one. Everything is OK.

SM-N935F cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi

gregozedobe

Battle scarred veteran
EDIT: Nevermind, OP's car has been fixed. I'll leave this post here in case it helps someone else in the future.

Voltage related problems come to mind:

Voltage too low (alternator not charging, dud battery, bad connection, faulty wiring, bad earth)

Voltage too high (voltage controller fault)

The various controllers are quite fussy and can play up with weird faults if they don't get the right voltage. If you have a voltmeter check the voltage at the battery when you get one of the faults. With the engine running it should be 14 - 14.7V. If it goes under 12.5V that's too low, and 15+V is too high.

Even if the voltage at the battery is within range the fault could still be electrical, due to a poor connection somewhere or a faulty earth. But if it is intermittent it can be a devil to find :(

Last edited: