GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Etunes for Cobb Access Port

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
I went with Stratified and haven't had any regrets. Would've gone 5150 but heard of too many negative experiences of people waiting forever to get their tune back.

How are these tunes vs say a flash from Uni,APR,IE? I currently have a JB4 but I’m really considering going stage 2. I have a 18 R dsg BTW

There's a lot of discussions on here that go into greater detail than I ever could but basically custom tunes have much better ignition timing. I have a manual so I can't speak on the dsg tune. The tuner had also noticed that my car was having small misfires and gave me a heads up I could use some colder spark plugs, so things like that are a benefit as well. And you can always request specific changes to the tune in case there's anything you're not happy with

edrex

Ready to race!
Breeze, get the dsg tune. The extra power is fun, but the dsg tune is what IMO really changed the car for the better. The new shift points in D make way more sense and really feel like it should have been that way from the factory. I haven’t been able to use S much yet but just the improvements alone in D are worth every penny.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
How are these tunes vs say a flash from Uni,APR,IE? I currently have a JB4 but I’m really considering going stage 2. I have a 18 R dsg BTW

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I haven't used any etunes yet but the Cobb Access Port is the way to go because that's what you'll use to flash the etunes to the ECU. APR has good tunes but they're more expensive and they can't be installed on the Access Port. And unless I'm mistaken you have to go to an APR retailer to have the ECU flashed and then back to that retailer to change the tune. With the Access Port you can flash the tunes yourself in under 10 minutes.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Breeze, get the dsg tune. The extra power is fun, but the dsg tune is what IMO really changed the car for the better. The new shift points in D make way more sense and really feel like it should have been that way from the factory. I haven’t been able to use S much yet but just the improvements alone in D are worth every penny.

You are absolutely correct. The DSG tune is great. The car is far more enjoyable even in D. And if you get the Cobb DSG tune you have access to several stages of DSG tunes.

Ominous Idle

Not unless you feel like waiting 6+ months for revisions, I suggest you go with somebody else like EQT or Stratified.

This!! Pretty much the worst communicator I have ever dealt with. Ignores questions. The email I got with the revision file was blank other than the file attachment. No mention of how it looks, what was done or where we are heading. And I say this as someone that usually doesn't make a big deal over service. It is also pretty clear that he works on etunes when he gets around to it.

Ominous Idle

Power and drivability how is the Cobb ots tunes vs the jb4?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I cannot comment on jb4 as I never had one, but the Cobb OTS stage 1 map had more knock reduction than I was comfortable with especially for being a mostly lower power producing tune.

In the grand scheme of things the price of an etune is nothing compared to the peace of mind you get from knowing that the tune has specifically addressed anything the particular car is being finicky about.

The power difference between etune and Cobb OTS is substantial. Well worth it in my opinion. I just was not happy with the service I received. Stratified has been on my radar as I like the way they are active on the forum and generally seem to be a good bunch. I have not been on here much lately so not too familiar with EQT. Their turbo upgrade is very nice!