GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
FORUM OPTIONS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   GOLFMK7 - VW GTI MKVII Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVII Forum > Volkswagen GTI / Golf MK7 General Topics > GTI & Golf MK7 General Discussions

Old 01-15-2019, 10:10 PM   #52
ZuMBLe

Drives: Alltrack
Saying Papa Johns is the McDonalds of pizza is an insult to McDonalds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faceman View Post
It's the McDonalds of Pizza, f-that.
ZuMBLe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 11:15 PM   #53
navindralr

Drives: 2017 GTI SE 4DR 6SPD
New Member from Brooklyn

Brooklyn boys are joksters. Lewd, vulgar joksters.

We already know that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Build thread: https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47754
navindralr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 12:23 AM   #54
seanmcd

Drives: 2016 GTI Autobahn
Ok then, where does the new member REALLY like to eat pizza in Brooklyn!?!
seanmcd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 03:50 AM   #55
ElectricEye

Drives: '15 MK7 Reflex Silver
There's a lot of bad pizza in Brooklyn, Manhattan, Staten Island...
The old adage that if it's from Brooklyn, it's better than if it's from anywhere else hasn't been true in a long time.
Having said that, some of the REAL places that have been around for ages - still do it right.
And there are plenty of new places the have popped up in recent years that know how to do it right.
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 03:58 AM   #56
ogrisker

Drives: 2015 MK7 GTI-S 6-Speed
Nice, I got a '15 as well
ogrisker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 05:35 AM   #57
anotero

Drives: Mk7 GTI S DSG
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
There's a lot of bad pizza in Brooklyn, Manhattan, Staten Island...
The old adage that if it's from Brooklyn, it's better than if it's from anywhere else hasn't been true in a long time.
Having said that, some of the REAL places that have been around for ages - still do it right.
And there are plenty of new places the have popped up in recent years that know how to do it right.
There used to be a good place on 3rd avenue and 80 something street in BK. I can't seem to find it now, either closed or opened under a new name.
anotero is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 03:44 PM   #58
ElectricEye

Drives: '15 MK7 Reflex Silver
Quote:
Originally Posted by anotero View Post
There used to be a good place on 3rd avenue and 80 something street in BK. I can't seem to find it now, either closed or opened under a new name.
Spumoni Gardens is often considered one of the best.
Down the block from where I work are two pizza places - quite literally at the foot of the Brooklyn Bridge.
Grimaldis' and Juliana's - both are excellent.
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 12:49 AM   #59
BecauseMotor

Drives: '15 GTI SE Coupe DSG
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanmcd View Post
Ok then, where does the new member REALLY like to eat pizza in Brooklyn!?!
Since I'm in downtown bk, I'm close to Juliana's and Grimaldi's. They're both great. But TBH, I just order Papa John's instead cause I'm lazy. And they have that butter garlic sauce. Mmmmm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogrisker View Post
Nice, I got a '15 as well
Thanks. Have fun your '15 as well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
Spumoni Gardens is often considered one of the best. Down the block from where I work are two pizza places - quite literally at the foot of the Brooklyn Bridge. Grimaldis' and Juliana's - both are excellent.
Never been to Spumoni. Might have to venture there at some point.
Unitronic Stage 1+ | Unitronic FMIC, CF Air Intake + Air Duct & Charge Pipes | CTS Turbo Inlet Pipe | GFB Diverter Valve | BFI Engine & Tranny Mount + Dogbone Insert SUSPENSION & RIMS: Matte Anthracite 19x8.5 et45 Rotiform BUCs | 245/35-19 Continental ExtremeContact | H&R Sport Springs APPEARANCE: Aerofabb Front Splitter | EZ Lip Side Skirts | Acexxon Rear Reflector Inserts | 50/35 Tint
BecauseMotor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 12:58 AM   #60
anotero

Quote:
Originally Posted by BecauseMotor View Post
Since I'm in downtown bk, I'm close to Juliana's and Grimaldi's. They're both great. But TBH, I just order Papa John's instead cause I'm lazy. And they have that butter garlic sauce. Mmmmm.

Thanks. Have fun your '15 as well!

All this talk makes me wish I was back in NYC.
Old 01-17-2019, 01:03 AM   #61
MiamiBourne

Drives: 2016 Oryx White Pearl Golf R (Base/6spd)
Quote:
Thanks yo! I'd love to meet some fellow VW owners around. Hit me up.
There is some interest for a meet in Oceanside, NY at a coffee shop called 'Caffeine' which is also at a train station so there is plenty of parking on the weekend. The owner of that shop drives a MK7 R and has suggested a meet on Feb 2 or 3rd. Mind you it will be cold but he says the coffee shop has room for us to hang out in...as long as it's not a crazy amount of people anyway.

About 4 have already expressed interest including navindralr, myself and the coffee shop owner.

Here is a link to the thread on vortex, please join if you haven't and chime in on which day you prefer.

https://forums.vwvortex.com/showthre...#post112981327

Quote:
I personalize like Elegante on 69th and 3rd in Bay Ridge. I've had Grimaldi's and Spumoni which are both good.

I think people in NYC go for places like Papa Johns for the convince and price. I mean it's a way cheaper and you know what you are getting. If I want pizza I head to Elegante since I'm close to them but still have to pass other pizza places to get to them. For me they have the right amount of sauce and cheese and just have a great taste. But everyone is different and not all NYC pizza is good that's for sure.
MiamiBourne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 01:51 AM   #62
anotero

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiBourne View Post
There is some interest for a meet in Oceanside, NY at a coffee shop called 'Caffeine' which is also at a train station so there is plenty of parking on the weekend. The owner of that shop drives a MK7 R and has suggested a meet on Feb 2 or 3rd. Mind you it will be cold but he says the coffee shop has room for us to hang out in...as long as it's not a crazy amount of people anyway.

About 4 have already expressed interest including navindralr, myself and the coffee shop owner.

Here is a link to the thread on vortex, please join if you haven't and chime in on which day you prefer.

I personalize like Elegante on 69th and 3rd in Bay Ridge. I've had Grimaldi's and Spumoni which are both good.

I think people in NYC go for places like Papa Johns for the convince and price. I mean it's a way cheaper and you know what you are getting. If I want pizza I head to Elegante since I'm close to them but still have to pass other pizza places to get to them. For me they have the right amount of sauce and cheese and just have a great taste. But everyone is different and not all NYC pizza is good that's for sure.
I used to live 2 blocks from that pizza place. Bay Ridge Sushi (3rd between 69th and Ovington) is a good place, btw.
Old 01-17-2019, 05:10 AM   #63
BecauseMotor

Quote:
There is some interest for a meet in Oceanside, NY at a coffee shop called 'Caffeine' which is also at a train station so there is plenty of parking on the weekend. The owner of that shop drives a MK7 R and has suggested a meet on Feb 2 or 3rd. Mind you it will be cold but he says the coffee shop has room for us to hang out in...as long as it's not a crazy amount of people anyway. About 4 have already expressed interest including navindralr, myself and the coffee shop owner. Here is a link to the thread on vortex, please join if you haven't and chime in on which day you prefer.
Done. I voted for the 2nd since the 3rd is the Superbowl.

Quote:
I personalize like Elegante on 69th and 3rd in Bay Ridge. I've had Grimaldi's and Spumoni which are both good. I think people in NYC go for places like Papa Johns for the convince and price. I mean it's a way cheaper and you know what you are getting. If I want pizza I head to Elegante since I'm close to them but still have to pass other pizza places to get to them. For me they have the right amount of sauce and cheese and just have a great taste. But everyone is different and not all NYC pizza is good that's for sure.
I don't mess with Papa John's... anymore. Not since I found those delicious Red Baron frozen pizzas. Best in Brooklyn.
Unitronic Stage 1+ | Unitronic FMIC, CF Air Intake + Air Duct & Charge Pipes | CTS Turbo Inlet Pipe | GFB Diverter Valve | BFI Engine & Tranny Mount + Dogbone Insert SUSPENSION & RIMS: Matte Anthracite 19x8.5 et45 Rotiform BUCs | 245/35-19 Continental ExtremeContact | H&R Sport Springs APPEARANCE: Aerofabb Front Splitter | EZ Lip Side Skirts | Acexxon Rear Reflector Inserts | 50/35 Tint
Old 01-17-2019, 03:25 PM   #64
MiamiBourne

Drives: 2016 Oryx White Pearl Golf R (Base/6spd)
Quote:
Originally Posted by anotero View Post
I used to live 2 blocks from that pizza place. Bay Ridge Sushi (3rd between 69th and Ovington) is a good place, btw.
Nice, any other good food spots you recommend in Bay Ridge?

Quote:
Done. I voted for the 2nd since the 3rd is the Superbowl.

I don't mess with Papa John's... anymore. Not since I found those delicious Red Baron frozen pizzas. Best in Brooklyn.
Yeah, good point about making it for that Saturday. I suggested a 9am-12pm time as well.

Red Baron, no way. Tombstone FTW. Lol.
MiamiBourne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 04:01 PM   #65
vbrad26

Drives: '15 CSG 2dr 6MT GTI
If you all ever find yourselves on the UES, check out Mariellas Pizza.
That was my favorite spot. Also lived over it hah.

EDIT:
Plus one of the dudes that worked there (maybe like a manager or something?) drove a MK6 GTI (when he drove).

Last edited by vbrad26; 01-17-2019 at 04:14 PM.
vbrad26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 04:09 PM   #66
navindralr

Drives: 2017 GTI SE 4DR 6SPD
we should have a meet at a pizzeria lol

Build thread: https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47754
navindralr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 04:13 PM   #67
BecauseMotor

Quote:
Originally Posted by navindralr View Post
we should have a meet at a pizzeria lol
Great idea! Lol

my autocorrect is a ducking duck
Old 01-17-2019, 08:30 PM   #68
anotero

Quote:
Nice, any other good food spots you recommend in Bay Ridge?

Yeah, good point about making it for that Saturday. I suggested a 9am-12pm time as well.

Red Baron, no way. Tombstone FTW. Lol.
I like sushi a lot, so I recommend Fushimi on 4th ave and 90 something street. It's a little more expensive ($$$), but they have some great rolls. And I think it has a full bar.

Not in Bay Ridge, but Chikurin Sushi on Kings Hwy and in Sheepshead Bay are pretty nice places too.

Now there was an Italian food store on the corner of 3rd and Ovington, don't know if it's still there. They had theeeee bestest garlic knots. And they baked their own bread which was great.