GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Save Your Rear Deck

Cbell3186

Ready to race!
Hey guys I'm not one to really review products or give suggestions but I was looking on the forums and couldn't find anything to protect the rear deck when the seats are down.

I needed something to keep the rear deck clean and prevent the dog and her bed from sliding around an potentially scratching the leather. I also camp a lot and wanted something better than a sheet to protect the interior.

I took the risk and ordered this (not affiliated with this product)
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B075WS6GM2/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06__o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Its a generic SUV type cover and it could not fit any better! I feel like it was made just for the MK7s haha! Its not thick by any means but it has Velcro/silicone dots on the underside to keep it from shifting around.
In the pics: https://imgur.com/a/l1gdXcC
you can see the fitment. I added strips of 100% silicone caulk to further prevent slipping while cornering (noticed the dog bed slid around a bit during the initial test)

Hope this helps someone!

edrex

Ready to race!
Ordered! I do some big shopping runs for work and have always thought about having something to protect the back of the seats, great find!

Cbell3186

Ready to race!
Ordered! I do some big shopping runs for work and have always thought about having something to protect the back of the seats, great find!

Add the strips too! They are very grippy and I don't think anything will slide around. Run small beads down the length, then use a card or something flat and go over all them to push them down and into the fabric so they stick.

yirayira

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI SE
Good find. If I remember correctly this gray liner was about the same price on Amazon but a little on the thin side. Works well with the seats up or down and covers the wheel well. Also held a whole gallon of water the dog torn open lol