GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
FORUM OPTIONS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   GOLFMK7 - VW GTI MKVII Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVII Forum > Technical Topics > GTI Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Tunes


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2019, 06:47 PM   #18
liam8216
Member
 
Drives: 2018 GTI S 6MT
Location: Texas
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 44
This is from China and the guy only has 47 feedback number from well over a ago. Most likely a scam seller.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
liam8216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 07:36 PM   #19
littco
Member
 
littco's Avatar
 
Drives: VW
Location: London
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 58
Just to make it clear, I do not sell the ball bearing we developed so this isn't a case of me rubbishing the competition to gain sales. I was genuinely interested in these units as the company has done good ball bearing units in the past and I thought it could be a good unit.

I will put a video to show why it won't be being installed.

Last edited by littco; 01-14-2019 at 10:51 PM.
littco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 08:14 PM   #20
ALE 5six1
Member
 
Drives: 2015 Golf GTI w/ PP
Location: Florida
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by liam8216 View Post
This is from China and the guy only has 47 feedback number from well over a ago. Most likely a scam seller.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
Not a scam as Littco said, he was sent a core in December, but the quality isnt great. Probably still in the trial and error phase of development.

I'm going to pass for now. Guess a used is38 from someone on here is my best bet for under $1000
ALE 5six1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 11:35 PM   #21
ChrisMk77
Senior Member
 
ChrisMk77's Avatar
 
Drives: 2018 GTI PP
Location: Sweden
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALE 5six1 View Post
Not a scam as Littco said, he was sent a core in December, but the quality isnt great. Probably still in the trial and error phase of development.

I'm going to pass for now. Guess a used is38 from someone on here is my best bet for under $1000
By an IS38X from Littco i think they are around 1k complete.
ChrisMk77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 04:20 AM   #22
ALE 5six1
Member
 
Drives: 2015 Golf GTI w/ PP
Location: Florida
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisMk77 View Post
By an IS38X from Littco i think they are around 1k complete.
For someone like me with no core they are under 1k?
ALE 5six1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 04:21 AM   #23
ALE 5six1
Member
 
Drives: 2015 Golf GTI w/ PP
Location: Florida
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by littco View Post

I will put a video to show why it won't be being installed.
On here or elsewhere?
ALE 5six1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 07:33 AM   #24
tmbzip
Member
 
Drives: 17' GTI S 4DR DSG
Location: usa
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALE 5six1 View Post
For someone like me with no core they are under 1k?
Correct, plus shipping charges

It's a no-brainer if you're looking to buy new vs a OEM IS38, makes a bit more power than a oem due to the clipped turbine option.
tmbzip is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply

Tags
ball bearing, ebay, is38, turbo, turbocharger

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 07:54 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.