GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk7 R intermediate Problem

foylema

Hello

I have a bit of a weird problem with my 2015 Golf R. Since have it tuned ive been having a issue when i give the car some beans it cuts power and feels like it running on 2cy untill i take my foot completely off the accelerator. It will then be fine again. After this happeneds and i come to a complete stop i get a error on the dash Error Stop start system. This error appears every time that the car seems to run on 2cy. I have look uo fault codes and there are 0 everytime. Ive taken it back to the tuner and they say they cant find anything wrong with the file and this has never happened before. Can anyone shead some light on this issue im having. Cheers

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
if you can go back to stock this will tell you if tune or coincidence and something else.

nvm you posted while i was typing

foylema

All good mate. Ive had a basic tune they put in the car and the problem went away. Now i have the stage 2 back in and it doing it again. It will go weeks without a problem then it will do it again. Its hard to know straight away if it is fixrd or not which is the hard part.

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
All good mate. Ive had a basic tune they put in the car and the problem went away. Now i have the stage 2 back in and it doing it again. It will go weeks without a problem then it will do it again. Its hard to know straight away if it is fixrd or not which is the hard part.

Engine light will come on due to no cat. Plus it would over boost possibly?

So, the basic tune has no issues but the stage 2 does? Very weird.

Isn't the start/stop system adjustable? We don't have it on our GTIs but I read you could turn it off. Perhaps try that.

Yes, you will have a CEL for o2 sensor, but no it won't overboost and it won't cause any issues.

foylema

So, the basic tune has no issues but the stage 2 does? Very weird.

Isn't the start/stop system adjustable? We don't have it on our GTIs but I read you could turn it off. Perhaps try that.

Yes, you will have a CEL for o2 sensor, but no it won't overboost and it won't cause any issues.

I have tried turning off the stop-start with the OBDEleven and no difference.

It's hard because it can be fine for weeks then do it again so it hard to know if it has fixed it or its just behaving haha.