GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Manual Surplus? or DSG Shortage?

cb1111

To add to the surplus - in Europe, VW isn't selling ANY manuals, and only selling DSG's until MK8 comes out. No doubt they're probably dumping more manuals into the US than normal.
It wasn't that long ago when it was a chore finding an automatic in Europe.

Charlotte.:R

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'18 Golf R 6MT
I wonder if it was because of the large amount of MTs around. I managed to get my DSG for 40k with similar fees, but that was after financing through them having matched my credit union rates. I wouldn't expect anyone to find a DSG for much less then that.

When I got my car 2/3 of the remaining 18s were 6MT. Both Charlotte dealers had 2-3, Hickory and Huntersville both had inventory, and I even looked into Atlanta area dealers since it's only ~250 miles and wifey and I could have made an overnight without kids out of it. All were quoting me $37.3-$37.6. I totally agree DSGs probably were not seeing those discounts.

DJTosin

So it looks like the lack of 18 DSG R's isn't just limited to NA but also ROW. Well that stinks, as I was keen on an 18 since I don't see much difference between the 18's and 19's. We'll see what happens once the 19's get here.

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
Well that stinks, as I was keen on an 18 since I don't see much difference between the 18's and 19's. We'll see what happens once the 19's get here.

AFAIK thats good. You wouldnt have bought a R which either sat is the port or dealer lot for a long time. 2018s especially sat in the port for a very long time before it was released to the dealers initially.

DJTosin

AFAIK thats good. You wouldnt have bought a R which either sat is the port or dealer lot for a long time. 2018s especially sat in the port for a very long time before it was released to the dealers initially.

Oh it's not necessarily a bad thing at all. Just wanted to avoid the whole "waiting on an allocation" song and dance come order time by just picking up a an 18 when the 19's touch down. Guess that's out the window now.

Also curious to see how many of the 19's that will be stocked by dealerships will have that $2500 mark up for paint. Lapiz or Indium are fine by me.