GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MQB High Canbus Gateway For VW Golf 7 MK7 5Q0907530AM

zgatix

I'm new to this forum and the reason I joined is because here I already found many interested information which helped me better understand what are the show stoppers when retrofitting different features.
I have a wish list to retrofit in a 2014 Golf MK7 GTI:
- Discover Pro MIB2,
- Highline RVC,
- Driver Profile Selection
- Adaptive cruise control (ACC)
- Lane Control Assistant
- Active Info Display (which is also known as Virtual Cockpit / Digital Dashboard)
but currently the car has a 5Q0907530P Gateway MQB Mid, which will not support all the features from my wish list, hence I will have to start by changing the Gateway and since this replacement requires ODIS online connection which I don't have, I would like to replace the existing one with the latest and greatest which currently is on the market.
I tried to figure out by myself which part number should have the MQB High Canbus Gateway which supports all these features, but the large number of variants confuses me. By the name, it seems that 5Q0907530AM is the newest one.
Is there a link where where I can see the features supported by different CAN Gateway based on their part number?
Or just tell me if 5Q0907530AM will support all the features from my wish list and if not to indicate me a part number which will do the job?

southpawboston

Drag Racing Champion
That's a pretty big wish list of upgrades... the hardware alone for these is going to run you into several thousands of euros, no?

Check out Kufatec.com, they are a German company that sells complete OEM retrofit packages. I know they sell the Gateway high, because it's required for some of the retrofits they sell. They could probably tell you for sure what part # you need.

Other than the high version of the Gateway supporting a higher number of modules (20 total) than the low (10 modules) or mid (15 modules), I don't know if the high serves any additional functionality. I asked Kufatec this question and they couldn't not give me an answer.

zgatix

Yes it's a long list, expensive one and most likely it will take me so much time to implement it, that in the mean while I will decide to sell the car and move to a newer version, but since I already started to purchased the parts to retrofit Highline RVC (with yellow moving guide lines), Driver Profile Selection and Adaptive Cruise Control, now is the time to purchase the MQB Gateway High to make them work and since this part will require Component Protection deactivation at VW dealership, I don't want to realise later that I need another CAN Bus Gateway to support another feature from the list and go again at a VW dealer for another CP deactivation, because the cost of Component Protection deactivation costs more then the Gateway itself, so I prefer to pay from the start 50 EUR more for the Gateway if that is the case. For example the Active Info Display was introduced with the facelift model, hence maybe the Gateways from the Golf 7 before the facelift will not support Active Info Display.
Kufatec doesn't mention the part number of the MQB CAN Bus Gateway High that they are selling in the provided description and on the picture for the High Gateway they are showing a Low one with the part number removed, which doesn't inspire much transparency to me. Also I asked Kufatec something in the past about the yellow moving lines from the Highline Reverse Camera and if their camera is a genuine one (OEM) but they never answered. On eBay when I'm asking sellers about their products, they say: "I don't know, I'm just selling it, the buyer must determine if is fitted or not", or "I don't know, as far as I know it supports", hence I considered that I have more chances to receive a straight answer from experienced users of this forum.

Mk8tdihopeful

Car(s)
TDI mk7 GSW
Yes it's a long list, expensive one and most likely it will take me so much time to implement it, that in the mean while I will decide to sell the car and move to a newer version, but since I already started to purchased the parts to retrofit Highline RVC (with yellow moving guide lines), Driver Profile Selection and Adaptive Cruise Control, now is the time to purchase the MQB Gateway High to make them work and since this part will require Component Protection deactivation at VW dealership, I don't want to realise later that I need another CAN Bus Gateway to support another feature from the list and go again at a VW dealer for another CP deactivation, because the cost of Component Protection deactivation costs more then the Gateway itself, so I prefer to pay from the start 50 EUR more for the Gateway if that is the case. For example the Active Info Display was introduced with the facelift model, hence maybe the Gateways from the Golf 7 before the facelift will not support Active Info Display.
Kufatec doesn't mention the part number of the MQB CAN Bus Gateway High that they are selling in the provided description and on the picture for the High Gateway they are showing a Low one with the part number removed, which doesn't inspire much transparency to me. Also I asked Kufatec something in the past about the yellow moving lines from the Highline Reverse Camera and if their camera is a genuine one (OEM) but they never answered. On eBay when I'm asking sellers about their products, they say: "I don't know, I'm just selling it, the buyer must determine if is fitted or not", or "I don't know, as far as I know it supports", hence I considered that I have more chances to receive a straight answer from experienced users of this forum.
Did you ever find an answer to this? I’m trying to do the same upgrades however I can’t seem to find the answer myself.