GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

EQT Tuned

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
I’ve definitely considered offering Maestro. The Audi support and MPI are tempting for sure.

— Ed

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Joining the club. Detuned and awaiting protune (ECU and DSG)...ready to begin the journey. Has kept in great contact and kept me aware of when it's coming. This period of being back to OEM sucks. Can't wait to see what he can push out of my IS20, intake, FMIC and TBE

Last edited:

SilverShareHolder

I'm interested in the Vortex turbo for my MK7 GLI. I'm wondering when tuning will be available for it or if it is how to go about tuning for the Vortex turbo? Spoke with EQT about a custom tune for it but I guess Cobb doesn't offer GLI yet, spoke with Eurodyne & they're not supporting the GLI yet either. Anyone knows the best bet let me know.

Sanderzzz_

Ready to race!
I'm interested in the Vortex turbo for my MK7 GLI. I'm wondering when tuning will be available for it or if it is how to go about tuning for the Vortex turbo? Spoke with EQT about a custom tune for it but I guess Cobb doesn't offer GLI yet, spoke with Eurodyne & they're not supporting the GLI yet either. Anyone knows the best bet let me know.
I think us GLI dudes are kinda stuck with no way to custom tune right now. I haven’t seen anything anywhere that Cobb intends for support our cars either but I’m really hoping that changes

mopar22

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
16 GTI
I think us GLI dudes are kinda stuck with no way to custom tune right now. I haven’t seen anything anywhere that Cobb intends for support our cars either but I’m really hoping that changes
Cobb owns another tuner brand too that is apparently supposed to be taking over for the cars/brands that cobb doesn't cover. I can't remember the name but ED might know

aaronc7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 S3
Ecutek. I don't think Cobb owns them in any way, I heard same parent company whatever that means. Idk if they even really share info directly or anything. Ecutek is supposed to support all 2.0 mqb stuff

SilverShareHolder

Maestro just got updated for our cars, looks like that will open up the tuning. I'm hoping to have this done in the next few months.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Rock on! Received the first protune from Ed.....flashed and then recorded the logs...emailed him back and waiting for revision and DSG tune!!!

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
How is it so far?

So Ed says to not aggressively drive it until after he can review the first set of logs to make sure things are okay. I can tell you that to get one of the logs, it was WOT in 3rd and it hauled like a beast, peaking at 28 psi ....I'll report back once I know I can get on it...I'll test on backroads to see about shifting and onset of boost.

Regardless, I can already tell a difference that sets this way over Uni

Last edited:

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
27psi to redline on an IS20? :unsure:

good catch...I'll edit my post....no.....not to redline....sorry for inferring that. I had to go review the log....peaked at 28.5, but NOT to redline. Dipped to 19 psi at 6500 rpm

daconchslop

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
ACS SE/Tech
good catch...I'll edit my post....no.....not to redline....sorry for inferring that. I had to go review the log....peaked at 28.5, but NOT to redline. Dipped to 19 psi at 6500 rpm
Sounds like you start with one of his base stg2 files and fine tunes from there.