GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Car wash mistake...

DAS_STIG

Banned
I made the mistake of going through an automatic car wash today. I have avoided them like the plague for the last 10 years or so, but my car was filthy and I wanted to get all the grime/salt off. I found one near work with great reviews. Left the wash sans license plate/holder and with a broken passenger side mirror. Was able to retrieve the plate and pop it back on, but guess I am in the market for new aspherical mirrors.

Anyway, just venting a bit, no real point to this. Going back to avoid automatic car washes.

Last edited:

c72k

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
BMW
Even if you can just go to a touchless or even self-serve and just rinse off the salt, youre still better than raping the paint with those spin brushes

Yoliber

Ready to race!
The first time I went to a carwash in my previous car was the day I sold it. It was also the first dent/scratch it's ever gotten.

Yoliber

Ready to race!
Yeah, touchless washes are where it's at for the wintertime

I heard that those strip your wax/sealant?

For my desperate quick washes I just go to a self service and only hose it with soap and water and dont touch the broom. Then I air dry and wait until I have time to wash my own car.

c72k

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
BMW

For my desperate quick washes I just go to a self service and only hose it with soap and water and dont touch the broom. Then I air dry and wait until I have time to wash my own car.

They will. But desperate time desperate measures

I’m the crazy guy in the wash bay in 20 degree weather doing full three bucket wash lol

merkeyterkey

The Real FLATTIRE

They will. But desperate time desperate measures

I’m the crazy guy in the wash bay in 20 degree weather doing full three bucket wash lol

Yep, they do

PouncingPanzer1

Go Kart Champion
Haven't washed mine in over 30 days. I may be breaking out in hives in anticipation of te holiday shutdown spa-day I have scheduled in my parents heated garage. But I will NEVER get to the point where I go through a meat grinder. There would have to be a gun to my head and even then I would hesitate.

TechGuy32

Ready to race!
It's not easy in Winter time removing the salt in between freezing temps. I have luckily found one and only one no touch car wash in my area and it does a good job without any noticeable wax removal. Some waxes hold up better to the chemicals used by automated car washes than others.

TheSkeptic

Ready to race!
What is everyone's preferred method of washing when the weather is shit? I haven't found a waterless wash solution that I like.

Shane_Anigans

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport DSG
What is everyone's preferred method of washing when the weather is shit? I haven't found a waterless wash solution that I like.

Stationary touchless car washes are what I prefer in winter, but unfortunately there's only one of those near where I live. So, I find myself using the coin-op DIY places. I used to use an automatic car wash nearby, but then I started noticing the tiny scratches it's left on my car.