GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Refurbed Southbend Stg 3 daily, 450 miles $500

Firstboost

Go Kart Champion
SOLD SOLD SOLD!!!

I had this clutch installed and less than 450 miles later, a pressure plate bolt backed out and flung itself all over my bell housing, destroying my transmission and pitting the pressure plate. The clutch had to be sent back to Southbend to be refurbished and I have the documentation for that to show it was sent directly to them. I never got around to putting it back in and now that I've got my 1LE, I have no future use for it.

I will not throw the installer under the bus as they are a well respected vendor in the VW community. My assumption is the tech did not torque down the bolt tight enough and that is also what VW/Southbend mentioned most likely happened.

I understand buying a refurbished clutch that has the short history of mine is off-putting, but If I can't sell it here, I'm not sure where else to turn.

The clutch retails for ~$1600.00. I want $500.00 for it. If you need this shipped, I will be insuring the package for $500.00 and I am not exactly sure what that will cause the end shipment price to be. I will not cover any shipping/insurance cost.

It is essentially brand new, freshly resurfaced with a new disc too. I have not taken it out of the box that Southbend sent it back to me in.

You'll just have to buy new PP bolts and a new throw out bearing, or use the one that I currently have with this kit.

Let me know if you're interested. Thanks.

PS, if anyone is really interested, I'l put up some pics, but there is no damage that will prevent this from working 100%.

PPS, I feel I should also edit my original post to include this:

If using Paypal, I will not honor using this purchase as a "gift", nor will I entertain the idea of Paypal Insurance, as I also feel it is a way for the buyer to come out on top with my parts and me out the $500.00. I know honesty is the best policy, but we all know about scammers and I'm not going to let myself be the victim. Not trying to sound like a dick, but this is what makes me comfortable.

If these terms cannot be met with any potential buyers out of my area, I will change this FS ad to a PICKUP ONLY.

I have met people from this forum and sold parts before. I'd also like to think my reputation here precedes me if anyone is concerned.

Thanks again for your interest.

-Jeff

Last edited:

Firstboost

Go Kart Champion
I feel I should also edit my original post to include this:

If using Paypal, I will not honor using this purchase as a "gift", nor will I entertain the idea of Paypal Insurance, as I also feel it is a way for the buyer to come out on top with my parts and me out the $500.00. I know honesty is the best policy, but we all know about scammers and I'm not going to let myself be the victim. Not trying to sound like a dick, but this is what makes me comfortable.

If these terms cannot be met with any potential buyers out of my area, I will change this FS ad to a PICKUP ONLY.

I have met people from this forum and sold parts before. I'd also like to think my reputation here precedes me if anyone is concerned.

Thanks again for your interest.

-Jeff

Last edited:

Firstboost

Go Kart Champion
Holy huge photos Batman!

Anyways, hopefully you can see any imperfections with these photos along with documentation from Southbend for the warranty and refurb.

Firstboost

Go Kart Champion
Clutch was just picked up. Thanks again to all for your interest!