GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Tilt down mirror is my car able to do it?

Alfaguy

Ready to race!
I have a 2015 GTI Autobahn and I was wondering if the tilt down feature is in my car. I put the mirror on the “R” for the opposite side mirror from me, but when I put the car in reverse the mirror doesn’t move. Am I doing something wrong or the car can’t do it

Bäsemödel

Go Kart Champion
So you don’t NEED folding mirrors for it to work... you can enable it using vagcom or OBD11... the issue is that if you don’t have door controllers thst support the memory function (the same controllers needed for folding mirrors to work on lock/unlock) the mirror will not always return to the right place after... for me, it returns to normal 75% of the time. I just manually adjust it the rest of the time. It’s a very useful mod and one that has saved me from many a curb...

murtaza911

Ready to race!
So you don’t NEED folding mirrors for it to work... you can enable it using vagcom or OBD11... the issue is that if you don’t have door controllers thst support the memory function (the same controllers needed for folding mirrors to work on lock/unlock) the mirror will not always return to the right place after... for me, it returns to normal 75% of the time. I just manually adjust it the rest of the time. It’s a very useful mod and one that has saved me from many a curb...

I bought the door modules and have folding mirrors set up.. But mine still doesn't return back to the right spot every time. :confused:

bbjwvr6

Passed Driver's Ed
I bought the door modules and have folding mirrors set up.. But mine still doesn't return back to the right spot every time. :confused:

In NAR cars the standard mirrors do not support mirror memory, even though you may have the 5 series door controllers. You need folding mirrors, or ROW standard mirrors to enable the memory function of mirror dip.

AFAIK in ROW cars, all that is required is the 5 series controllers and the proper coding.

Edit: just realized you have the folding mirrors. There’s a long thread on vwvortex about this.

ecsta

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 R

Did you turn "mirror_memory" to active/installed for the passenger door? Can you see the X/Y co-ordinates for the glass in the live data page?