GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Welcome Australians!

triode12

Go Kart Champion
At least it looks better (esp the more aggressive looking headlights and lowered stance) than the MkVI even though the changes look subtle overall.

If it is as fun to drive as the MkV and not refined like the MkVI is, then it might be a good buy.

More interested in the R version though.

danse

Anyone know when the "normal" Mk7 will be on sale in Australia? It's been on sale in NZ for a few weeks now!

brew1

Hi all, no action here as yet - look forward to others joining up. Was an active member of the Mk5 website and am interested in seeing this forum gain some momentum.

Went down to the local dealer last week to have a look at the new Mk7 and was impressed with the car. Unfortunately the dealer must be doing way too well as they did not even bother approaching me at all - must have been there for 20 minutes. Two other people were there and they had the same problem. We all walked out in feeling unimpressed with their the lack of interest.

Had the same problem with the same dealer 5 years ago when I went there to actually buy a car and could not get any attention. Ultimately bought my Mk5 from a dealer 200 kms away - they were great - did the deal over the phone and they delivered the car to my door and their service was second to none.

Anyway enough of my rant - is there anyone out there who has bought a Mk7 in Aus????

gustogroove

Anyway enough of my rant - is there anyone out there who has bought a Mk7 in Aus????

Drove a new MKVII out of the showroom today. For the record we purchased a 103TSi 'Highline in black metallic pearl paint with sports tinting (automatic). So far so good! Just a few upgrades as this stage, Im interested in a sway bar and a couple of cosmetic additions eg chrome exhaust tips, maybe a front lip and maybe a rear spoiler. Looking forward to learning more about my new toy. Oh, and hi!

>insert-obligatory-dealer-pickup-photo-with-big-red-bow-on-car<

LeonMKVII

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi All,
Just bought the golf mk 7 on the weekend and the dealer told me it's currently on a boat on it's way to Melbourne. Can't wait to pick it up ETA Dec 12 and take the same obligatory pickup photo from the dealer!

LeonMKVII

Passed Driver's Ed
By the way I'm trying to source a pair of Bi Xenons with all necessary parts - ballasts, washers, auto leveller etc (i was prepared to pay the $2500aud from the dealer but was told it only comes in an option highline and above - I have ordered the comfortline). If anyone knows of a good parts dealer or good place to import OEM parts please let me know.

Benj

Hey lads, just thought I'd pop my head in, I've put down a deposit and signed on the dotted line for my next car, which is a brand new 2013 (MY14) Volkswagen Golf Mk VII GTI in Tornado Red, from Osborne Park Volks.

After owning 6 cars in 9 years of driving (I'm 25) of varied tastes, uses and quality, I'm finally getting into one of the two cars I've wanted to own since I was a teenager, and I don't see myself owning a DB9S anytime soon.

So I pick up the GTI on Tuesday, and since starting to look around, I haven't seen any on the road here in Perth, which is nice. I see heaps of Mk5 and 6's, but so far no 7's. I was offered a demo model and agreed the price with tradein, it had 3000 on the clock and was white, but then shopped around and found that Osborne Park would match the figure, but for a brand new one in my choice of Black, Grey and Red. I love black cars but hate the hassle, the grey didnt really do it for me, but the red... ohhhh the red. I was instantly in love.

Looking forward to picking her up on Tuesday, pics to follow. Apologies for the long post, just thought I'd introduce myself.

While I'm here, any tips for the breaking in period? I keep hearing conflicting reports about how to treat the girl for the first few thousand clicks.

Thanks in advance,

Benj

Snaptag

Ready to race!
Hi guys and gals, mine's on order (expected to roll off the boat in Jan 28), so I thought I'd join the club. Thanks for all the info so far, Hope to be able to contribute soon!

LeonMKVII

Passed Driver's Ed
Picked mine up a few weeks ago in Limestone grey. Really loving the car! Got mine from the Ringwood dealer here in Melbourne who were absolutely awesome, compared to other dealers around town were more than happy to negotiate price and felt that they went over and beyond so that both parties left happy chappy. Only issue with the car is a crunchy first and reverse gear, took it back to vdub which they have put down to driving it in - done almost 2000kms now and it is getting progressively smoother. Phew. Hopefully irons out.
If I knew how to post a pic I'd post one but don't know how! But keep 'em coming fellas! Safe and happy driving!

Dawson

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi Everyone,

Greetings from Sydney, I picked up a Candy White MK7 GTI DSG at end of September, I think it was one of the only ones on the first shipments of GTI's in Australia to come with the options I wanted in White. We got it with Bi-xenons, leather and driver assistance as options. We've now put just over 4000km's on the clockincluding a road trip to Melbourne and back (900kms each way) over Christmas and it's a great car.

Cheers & Happy golfing!
Chris

christof

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi Everyone,

Greetings from Sydney, I picked up a Candy White MK7 GTI DSG at end of September, I think it was one of the only ones on the first shipments of GTI's in Australia to come with the options I wanted in White. We got it with Bi-xenons, leather and driver assistance as options. We've now put just over 4000km's on the clockincluding a road trip to Melbourne and back (900kms each way) over Christmas and it's a great car.

Cheers & Happy golfing!
Chris

Stunning mate! ;)

Snaptag

Ready to race!
Hi Everyone,

Cheers & Happy golfing!
Chris

I'll join the white GTI Bi-Xenon club in a few weeks!

Enjoy! :cool: