GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

JB4 Logging, stacking and Map 6 Discussion

sidejobjames

107 is moving. Good job.

Definitely.

Thanks guys! Definitely going to go back this coming wednesday, borrowing a helmet. With practice i know my launch will come back around. I think it was two or three seasons ago i used to take this car to the track, before i had a JB4, but i did have the catless DP. And i was waaay more devoted back then, going every wednesday, and staying the whole night and the best ET i had back then was a 13.97.
Only reason i mention this is because once i get my launching back down I'm super excited to see how low my ET's will be on E30 w/ JB4, plus the IC, and my tires are a lot nicer now too. (continental pro contact all season shit came stock, and now Z rated continental extreme contacts)

johnnloki

Drag Racing Champion
I tried dropping my PSIs from ~45PSI to ~30PSI, and didn't seem to make a positive difference on the 60' for me. Not sure if the contis would be well served with the lower PSI or not.

blaqsheep

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
IS38 GTI
n54tuning. JB4 hardware source outta Mississauga. Bought my bluetooth adapter through them.

They say that they tested their batch and it was e80-e82. Booyah.

Oh, that I knew. $245 USD for a 30 gal drum, no thank you.

johnnloki

Drag Racing Champion
Oh, that I knew. $245 USD for a 30 gal drum, no thank you.

Hm. I didn't realize that the site defaulted back to usd... so that means it's 279 cad. $2.46/L... so it costs 28 bucks to bump a tank of E10 up to E30, at maybe 97 Octane(?)... but another way to look at it is it's something like 71.85 for an E30 tank vs 60.37 of 94 Octane.... so...... 12 bucks for 30-40hp a tank? But then you're also looking at a drop in mileage. It's tough to get apples to apples.

91 E0 = 1.35 and around 500km/tank 10.9c/km(40.5Ls is most I usually ever squeeze into a tank)
94 E10= 1.45 and around 450km/tank 13.0c/km
97 E30= 1.72 and around 400km/tank 17.4c/km

Smiles per gallon and happier cylinders, though....

Last edited:

blaqsheep

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
IS38 GTI
Hm. I didn't realize that the site defaulted back to usd... so that means it's 279 cad. $2.46/L... so 28 bucks to bump a tank of E10 up to E30.

Who do you use for currency exchange lol, you're looking at around $330 - $2.90/L :(

johnnloki

Drag Racing Champion
Who do you use for currency exchange lol, you're looking at around $330 - $2.90/L :(

Yeah, but you pay the barrel core fee one time. The cost of filling my bbq tank is $15, not the $60 or whatever that a full tank costs. The price that they have on their site, at CAD, holds true. They honor that price, rather than the actual current exchange rate, in my experience. I paid CAD, not a USD price when I bought my bluetooth adapter from him.

Last edited:

blaqsheep

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
IS38 GTI
Yeah, but you pay the barrel core fee one time. The cost of filling my bbq tank is $15, not the $60 or whatever that a full tank costs. The price that they have on their site, at CAD, holds true. They honor that price, rather than the actual current exchange rate, in my experience. I paid CAD, not a USD price when I bought my bluetooth adapter from him.

So what you're saying is the price listed on their website should in reality be in Canadian dollars? I want to give corn a go, maybe next summer? Also contemplating coming out to get some time slips at either Cayuga or Shannonville (the latter is 50 km further from me).

johnnloki

Drag Racing Champion
So what you're saying is the price listed on their website should in reality be in Canadian dollars? I want to give corn a go, maybe next summer? Also contemplating coming out to get some time slips at either Cayuga or Shannonville (the latter is 50 km further from me).

You can change from USD to CAD at the bottom of the left panel, and it's 278.80 delivered. I'm 20kms outside of Oshawa, so I'd probably need to get 2 to make the delivery service costs more worth it for them. (I dunno why Canadian vendors ever have their sites default to USD. It's annoying as hell). Corn makes a big difference, for sure, and it looks like it will really wake up a JB4 car when you look at the trap speeds for e-blended cars.

Ten or 11 extra bucks per tank for 30 extra hp sure is a better way of looking at it than "280 bucks for a barrel", eh? Even E20 has a pile of benefit relative to E10 pump....

As far as the drags, it's a hell of a lot of fun. Not very expensive to go to Shannonville. Cars tend to park off the track in the gravelly areas, and bring a bit of that onto the strip, that's the only real downside of this track. Oh, and don't speed through Cobourg. Their OPP detachment notoriously generates a lot of revenues at lower speeds than the rest of the highway, and they've hunted every drag night that I've driven through (a smart play on their part).

I want to give corn a go, maybe next summer?
Another option of course, is to get a half barrel in 2019 at $204CAD including core charge. Unless you don't drive very much you'll drink 15 gals for sure before the frost hits, then you've got the paid for core barrel ready to go for next spring too.

Don't forget a fluid transfer pump which adds on some cost.

Drinking a mouthful of 100% leaded fuel was always considered manly, 15% unleaded and 85% absinthe? I dunno. Or no, wait, maybe it was always considered incredibly stupid to get leaded fuel in your mouth. I always forget. I can't remember shit because of my dad getting me to siphon gas out of cars in the 80s. Brain's like a fucking sieve what with all the damage caused by injesting so much lead. Who are you? Where am I?

Last edited:

blaqsheep

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
IS38 GTI
Another option of course, is to get a half barrel in 2019 at $204CAD including core charge. Unless you don't drive very much you'll drink 15 gals for sure before the frost hits, then you've got the paid for core barrel ready to go for next spring too.

This is true, I would probably blend with 91 and 94 occasionally. Unfortunately I don't drive much, at least not on the highway where I can get into a bit of throttle. Don't forget a fluid transfer pump which adds on some cost.

blaqsheep

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
IS38 GTI

I just looked over some map 2 Golf R logs and it looks like the ECU spits out around 14 psi at 3,500 RPM. Where as my IS38 GTI only spits around 8 psi at the same range. I'm guessing a flash tune is the only way to overcome this? I just dislike how my car doesn't really move below 4k.

https://datazap.me/u/blaqsheep/map-6-sprint-3rd-gear?log=1&data=1-2-3-4-5-6-11-14-18-19-25-26-27

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI