GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Need your opinion

johnnloki

Drag Racing Champion
Tires are pretty well 13 inch bicycle tires, so pedals wouldn't be impossible.

I almost want to buy one of those, if my winter commute is small enough (it might be.... I might not drive enough kms to support my TDI this winter.... we will see. A TDI that never gets to temp over the winter is a TDI nearing the end), and put some ground effects lights and spinner hubcaps on it.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

Last edited:

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1
Tires are pretty well 13 inch bicycle tires, so pedals wouldn't be impossible.

I almost want to buy one of those, if my winter commute is small enough (it might be.... I might not drive enough kms to support my TDI this winter.... we will see. A tsi that never gets to temp over the winter is a TDI bearing the end), and put some ground effects lights and spinner hubcaps on it.

The only thing I don't miss about my TDI: waiting until 15 miles from my house for it to get up to temperature.

Edit: 24kms for you my Canadian friend

johnnloki

Drag Racing Champion
The only thing I don't miss about my TDI: waiting until 15 miles from my house for it to get up to temperature.

Edit: 24kms for you my Canadian friend
Yup. Thickson road in Whitby and 401 was the absolute limit.

Only means anything to.me.....

I did work once upon a time at a spot that would reach temp only just if I plugged I overnight.

Some rough TDI starts in January, fo sho.

Last edited:

Dkyacht

Passed Driver's Ed
Now THERE is a chick magnet. Or you could always go with the Mitsu Micra too. But the be all end all sexiest car ever made?

I present: the I-Miev. 0 to 60 in 13 seconds. 45 miles of range. A total stunner.

Move over Aston Martin, Mitsubishi makes the sexiest cars of all.

OMG.... That's gotta be the most horrible car I've ever seen! [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] Wow! How could anyone walk into a car lot and go "dam that's the car for me"..... Just wow...

Dave

johnnloki

Drag Racing Champion
OMG.... That's gotta be the most horrible car I've ever seen! [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] Wow! How could anyone walk into a car lot and go "dam that's the car for me"..... Just wow...

Dave
Getting a beej in an Imiev would be like dividing by zero. You would be completely undoing the fabric of our reality...It is impossible by all the laws of our physical realm.

Hey Dave, welcome to the forum. I'm the guy who takes himself waaaay too seriously all the time.

Beju

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2019 GTI Rabbit Ed.
Getting a beej in an Imiev would be like dividing by zero. You would be completely undoing the fabric of our reality...It is impossible by all the laws of our physical realm.

Hey Dave, welcome to the forum. I'm the guy who takes himself waaaay too seriously all the time.

Nah, I bet one could pull some bushy hippy strange with an i-MiEV.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

johnnloki

Drag Racing Champion
Careful, That's a member of the Manson family. Clearly it's just a trap.

Now THIS would get a modern day hippie chick to try to remove 5 of your 7 chakras from your body through your giggly stick using only two hands and her mouth.

Just like an IMiev beej is like dividing by zero, a hippie chick simply MUST put out in every MicroBus she enters. It's a part of the hippie chick's bushy code of ethics. Why is everyone smiling so widely in this next picture? We all know why.

At MicroBus meets, one of the prizes is crunchiest carpeting. They named it the Type 2 after the minimum number of chlamydia strains the seats had to be exposed to before they were legally allowed to leave the factory.

Last edited:

CMARNOLD78

Ready to race!
Don't know anything about past models and trim options but the Autobahn has very nice lumbar adjustments FYI.

Oh and yes Jeremy Clarkson has one as a daily driver. Absolutely loves it. A man who could literally drive any car in the world. Plus he's a big guy, maybe bigger than me.

Dave

THIS

He covers/reviews it in The Grand Tour season 1 episode 13. He has also switched out the Golf 7 and now has a 7.5. There was a column about that also.

Dkyacht

Passed Driver's Ed
Finally..... Terrible dealership but finally got it done. Driving 300 miles early tomorrow so I'll really get to test it out.

Dave

johnnloki

Drag Racing Champion
Sexy car. Do resist the urge to get on it when the engine is a newborn baby. The 300 mile drive will be good for her.

Dkyacht

Passed Driver's Ed
Ok so 500 miles in 2 days so far and I couldn't be happier! Super comfortable, great ride, love all the comfort features..... Few questions. 1st thinking of maybe putting a bra on the front since I'll be doing highway driving so much. Any downside to them? Know of a good brand bra?

So like I've mentioned before I've always been a big truck guy. I'm really shocked by the road noise on only certain sections of road... It's crazy to me, driving along for miles in total silence then crazy loud all of a sudden on different colored/section of road. Is that normal??

Dave

johnnloki

Drag Racing Champion
Yes to clear bra. Do it yesterday. 3m was on my mk4 for 10+ flawless years. (Aka, I have no recent experience with current products)

Road noise = some additional resonance on 90mm tall sidewalls as compared to 180mm tall rubber you would have on the truck, plus your ears are probably 6 or more feet closer to the tire's contact patch than on the truck.

Last edited: