GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DIY MIB1 to MIB2 Infotainment Conversion (Part 1)

KyACRASH

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI 6MT, 04 R32
So. Went to the dealer and had them remove CP for me.

Also, sound works just fine from my Fender amp despite having MIB2.5 8” screen and brain. Haven’t coded a thing.

So. A dealer could just theoretically just add CarPlay for me?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No, not possible. Read the OP.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

txricancarguy

Gearhead
One thing to note.

To those of you, like me, that went MIB 2.5... some of the newer ones have a speed dependent lock on setting screens, etc. there is a way to unblock that.

From all I know it’s buried I’m in this thread already. But otherwise here’s the post that shed some light on how to solve it.

I feel like I had to un_block more than that honestly.

Also, OBDEleven didn’t work.

https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showpost.php?p=361764&postcount=7

hooville

Go Kart Newbie
Can anyone help me to find a way to contact jack?

Welcome to the forum

His Skype contact is listed several times throughout this thread, and, if you haven't already, I STRONGLY suggest that you read through this at least once and take notes as there are numerous updates & tweaks that have evolved since George started this thread. You will need to be prepared and ready before he can help you.

Text him via Skype in the evening to let him know that you're ready to go. He will need a picture of the sticker on the head unit that you're using so take it before you install. I also gave him the VIN of the donor car.

It appears to be luck as to when he responds back, he's a one man show and I doubt he has a queue since there are so many of us wanting his magic touch: There are quite a few MIB1s out there in the wild...

Good luck!

DucMike

Car(s)
R32 -> Mk6 GTI
Welcome to the forum

Text him via Skype in the evening to let him know that you're ready to go. He will need a picture of the sticker on the head unit that you're using so take it before you install. I also gave him the VIN of the donor car.

It appears to be luck as to when he responds back, he's a one man show and I doubt he has a queue since there are so many of us wanting his magic touch: There are quite a few MIB1s out there in the wild...

Good luck!
Two lil tidbits I hadn't considered up till this point... Thank you.

a3golfer

Welcome to the forum

His Skype contact is listed several times throughout this thread, and, if you haven't already, I STRONGLY suggest that you read through this at least once and take notes as there are numerous updates & tweaks that have evolved since George started this thread. You will need to be prepared and ready before he can help you.

Good luck!

What's the latest on the FeCs? You don't have to buy anything else besides the hardware and pay Jack, correct? (The hardware buy including the ODIS device to connect to the vehicle remotely)

txricancarguy

Gearhead
What's the latest on the FeCs? You don't have to buy anything else besides the hardware and pay Jack, correct? (The hardware buy including the ODIS device to connect to the vehicle remotely)

I believe you are correct. You can also rent the ODIS device

Rmzhrb

Passed Driver's Ed

I have a VAS cable that I used with Jack. I’m in north Jersey if you want to rent it.

txricancarguy

Gearhead

There are several people that rent them. The post above is one. Teemmy also rents his (I’ll be receiving it shortly)

CorporateASH

Quick question: do you need your own copy of ODIS? New to this whole thing. Got all the parts, finally including the VAS5054a.

hooville

Go Kart Newbie
Jack will provide links to all needed software. It will need to be downloaded, installed and setup per his instructions before he can start.

Rmzhrb

Passed Driver's Ed
Quick question: do you need your own copy of ODIS? New to this whole thing. Got all the parts, finally including the VAS5054a.

You don’t need odis. The cable alone will work. Jack has the software and can remotely access everything he needs. You will need to run VMware on your computer and connect that computer to the car via the VAS cable. Once connected and in touch with Jack he takes it from there. It will likely take about an hour or 2 depending on the connection and your readiness.

Note: Jack will send you everything you need for software and how to run it. You will then schedule an hour or 2 with him to actually get the work done.

txricancarguy

Gearhead
I know it’s posted. But is it fairly random when jack answers? Sent a message last week and he has accepted the request for the chat..