GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CarPlay Update Coming

dsgvw

Ready to race!
ios13 updates are nice with album art and split screen.. as others mentioned split only with apple maps so far.

Still a better visual experience than the last one

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
I’ve come to the conclusion that there are some CarPlay issues unique to VWs or GTIs specifically. I ran the beta in my GTI for 3 months and the connectivity issues were ever present. In my wife’s (GM) and now my new car (GM) I’ve had zero disconnects. Same phone.
same cable?

The Fat and the Furriness

Passed Driver's Ed
ios13 updates are nice with album art and split screen.. as others mentioned split only with apple maps so far.

Still a better visual experience than the last one

I do like the split-screen, but living in THE state that makes radar detectors illegal, Waze is the only thing to warn me when the police are roaming around looking for speeders along my route.

The integrated Siri feature that allows me to ask Siri to go to a destination on Waze is excellent. It will override any current Waze route without any prompting, which is typically what I want more often than not. Perhaps I could have asked Siri to add an extra destination to my current Waze route, but I have not tested this yet.

If Waze or Google Maps could replace Apple maps in the tiled view, I would be thrilled. Allowing the screen to be changed with a button on the steering wheel would be even better. I'm always streaming songs from Apple Music shuffling a library of 50K titles or playing a radio station where I frequently hear songs and want to look up the details about it. It would be nice to cycle between the open apps or have some option to check out the song being played and then return to the full-screen Waze map without having to use the touch screen and keeping both hands on the steering wheel.

Guess I can't complain too much as it is generally great and a wonderful perk that I was not expecting when I bought the car.

dequardo

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
‘21 GLI Autobahn GLI

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
If Waze or Google Maps could replace Apple maps in the tiled view, I would be thrilled. .

i was about to ask this question.. i guess you answered it.. for me, the tiled view is rendered useless if i can't put my own map brand there.. why else would i sit on the tiled screen then.... so, i still hate carplay...

Johaan

Ready to race!
On iOS 12 and CarPlay as anyone gotten blasted, and I mean max volume blasted, when picking up a phone call? I saw someone mentioned volume control issues but this was extreme. It just happened to me today that the streaming music shot to about 100% for a second. I have tinnitus and that was an unwelcome surprise.

I need to clear my phone of some space to update to 13.x this weekend. New features look like an improvement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
The map only shows a top down view of my entire route. How do I change that back to how it was before?

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 3Dr GTi DSG CSG
The map only shows a top down view of my entire route. How do I change that back to how it was before?

There’s a button in the top left of the map screen, had me puzzled for a while too!

danvilla413

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
'19 SE 6MT, '04 S2K
So I just used the CarPlay update on iOS 13 on my recent road trip. It is buggy as hell. One thing that aggravated me to no end was...

1. Navigating using Waze
2. Tap on Podcasts, scroll through to select a specific Episode
3. Play said episode
4. Linger on Podcast app and not immediately return to Waze
5. Within a min or two, if you switch back to Waze, navigation is cancelled and you need to re-enter your destination

Arghhh.

Also, the fact that we don't (yet) have the ability to change the default mapping app on the dashboard also irks me.

MSchott

Go Kart Newbie
So I just used the CarPlay update on iOS 13 on my recent road trip. It is buggy as hell. One thing that aggravated me to no end was...

1. Navigating using Waze
2. Tap on Podcasts, scroll through to select a specific Episode
3. Play said episode
4. Linger on Podcast app and not immediately return to Waze
5. Within a min or two, if you switch back to Waze, navigation is cancelled and you need to re-enter your destination

Arghhh.

Also, the fact that we don't (yet) have the ability to change the default mapping app on the dashboard also irks me.

Remember, all CarPlay does is mirror Waze and allow limited functionality. If it loses the destination, it’s Waze’s issue not Apple’s. By the way I rarely have this problem and if you do go back to the app and it’s the last destination in the list. But most of the time it will ask if you want to continue to the destination.

nype

Drag Racing Champion
On iOS 12 and CarPlay as anyone gotten blasted, and I mean max volume blasted, when picking up a phone call? I saw someone mentioned volume control issues but this was extreme. It just happened to me today that the streaming music shot to about 100% for a second. I have tinnitus and that was an unwelcome surprise.

I need to clear my phone of some space to update to 13.x this weekend. New features look like an improvement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve noticed that when Waze opens the audio playing pauses, then sort of chirps loudly a distorted split second of what was playing, then the audio resumes again.

Have only noticed this when opening Waze.

Raguvian

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GSW 4MO 6MT
I really like that you can mess with the phone while it's connected to CarPlay and the navigation screen still stays up with iOS 13. Previously if you exited out of maps on your phone the car screen would also exit, which was frustrating.