GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What IS this?

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
Thanks for the pic, that definitely helps. Looks like it may be part of a spring loaded latching mechanism. That round portion may hold a spring on it. Do all your seat latches work correctly still? Grab handles staying up?

Bdurrell

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2019 Z06
Actually went to the Volkswagen dealer (who sold me the car)today and went to their top mechanic who looked at it and said he had no idea what it was, but it could possibly be something from the front drivers seat, but all the functions of the front seat work.

Checked the center console, and it works fine too.

Just had both front handels replaced after the springs popped out, so it's not them.

He told me to hang onto it.....you bet I will!

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
Looks like a trim piece for the hatch floor or cover possibly?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think youre right actually. This looks like part of the cargo cover clip. OP is your cargo cover loose or does it come off the posts on one side easily?

EDIT Nevermind I went out and checked on mine and thats not part of the cargo cover clips. After looking around in the hole where the seat "clips" to the hook on the chassis, I think its part of that assembly. Hard to tell from that picture but the pieces in there look about the right size and they are the same material. If it was either of those it would be the one on the bottom of the picture, or maybe something further inside that you cant see

Last edited:

Bdurrell

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2019 Z06
Really appreciate the pics and info.
That's definitely going above & beyond the call of duty......
Still trying other venues for the determination of this ....thing!

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
The more I look around the more I think it's a part off your grab handle. Specifically this one

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
soooo... any update?

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion

VDubberinDE

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2018 VW Golf R
Actually went to the Volkswagen dealer (who sold me the car)today and went to their top mechanic who looked at it and said he had no idea what it was, but it could possibly be something from the front drivers seat, but all the functions of the front seat work.

Checked the center console, and it works fine too.

Just had both front handels replaced after the springs popped out, so it's not them.

He told me to hang onto it.....you bet I will!

This happens all the time. It is just a part that probably fell off during assembly left in the car and not necessarily something coming apart in your car. You can see it has a hole in it that it would pivot on, so no way it could just fall out. You would have something in your car not working. Stop worrying and move on, life is too short.

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
This happens all the time. It is just a part that probably fell off during assembly left in the car and not necessarily something coming apart in your car. You can see it has a hole in it that it would pivot on, so no way it could just fall out. You would have something in your car not working. Stop worrying and move on, life is too short.

Unless maybe it was from when the handles were replaced and the part fell out and went into hiding