GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 Golf R Failed MOT

Simpson196

Hi Guys,

Just had a call back from the garage, they failed the MOT of my car due to -Emissions not tested Cannot maintain steady engine revs between 2500rpm and 3000rpm (8.2.1.2 (d))
I asked them if they could sort it but they came back and said they have no idea what to do with it, does anyone on here know why its doing that?

They stated that they kept the pedal in the same position and tried to keep it steady but once they hit 2k it just keeps rising...

Aphron

CW :)!
That a great spot to spool the turbo, if they’re just mashing pedal. You should be able to keep it in gear and rise up to desired speed without any problems, I go to 3k with no fluctuations, do you have any drivability problems?

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 3Dr GTi DSG CSG
That a great spot to spool the turbo, if they’re just mashing pedal. You should be able to keep it in gear and rise up to desired speed without any problems, I go to 3k with no fluctuations, do you have any drivability problems?

This would have been performed while the car was not in gear.

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 3Dr GTi DSG CSG
(8.2.1.2) = gaseous emissions (fast idle test)

Defect
(d) = emissions test unable to be completed.

Fault category
(Major)

As mentioned, can you hold between 2500 - 3000rpm yourself?, if so take it back and give them grief!

Or if you don’t mind paying again take it somewhere else