GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Road Trip... Again!

-MrsDutch-

Passed Driver's Ed
If y'all are going to see AtlantaDad and end up on 85 N, give me a shout when you're near Greenville SC. We'll get some good beer or shitty bourbon, your choice :D.

Literally in that area at the moment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

-MrsDutch-

Passed Driver's Ed
We’ve been very bad at updating this thread the last couple of days!

We did some really great Mountain drives yesterday and today with AtlantaDad. It was a win-win because they get to drive fast and I get to look for birds and other wildlife. Photo below is from Brasstown Bald, taken with my phone.

-Dutch-

Drag Race Newbie
We had a good time last night. AtlantaDad, MrsDutch and I went back up to Greenville to meet up with Shortybdub and Bassman. Again, good to meet you guys and glad we had a chance to hang out for a bit.

There was a bit of drama on the way back though: I had an EPC pop up while on the highway and the car went into limp mode very shortly thereafter. Fortunately there was an exit available right away and we stopped at a gas station to investigate. Nothing obvious presented itself and the car ran fine after a restart and we made it back without further incident. A scan this morning came up with the following:

17388 - Monitoring of Fuel Injector for Cylinder 2
P10B2 00 [096] - Malfunction Detected
Intermittent - Not Confirmed - Tested Since Memory Clear
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 00000001
Fault Priority: 2
Fault Frequency: 1
Mileage: 107640 km
Date: 2019.09.14
Time: 21:01:59

Engine speed: 2291.75 /min
Normed load value: 2.4 %
Vehicle speed: 113 km/h
Coolant temperature: 97 °C
Intake air temperature: 37 °C
Ambient air pressure: 980 mbar
Voltage terminal 30: 13.867 V
Unlearning counter according OBD: 40
Engine: operating status: PL
STATE_LS_SAE[1]: CL
T_AST_SAE: 1203 s
MAP_MES_SAE: 22 kPa
Lambda probe voltage: bank 1: probe 1 (broadband probe): 1.943 V
LF_IV_ERR_RAW_BSW[3]: 1
LF_IV_ERR_VLD_BSW[3]: 6145

I'm not sure what to make of it right now but coupled with the power loss I've experienced during hard driving, I've got some research to do.

shortyb

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Felon Taxi,Dad Wagon
Had a great time putting faces on the screenames too. Sorry, was kinda loud in the pub. Chose that place since other would involve getting on Woodruff Rd on a Saturday evening (those in G-Ville will know what THAT means). Anyway, was good to meet and have some beers, talk cars (sorry Mrs. Dutch), and hang out. Have to do it again sometime, maybe at OBX :).

Glad y'all got going after the EPC. Thought when you said drama, it meant you met some friends of mine :D. Injector problem sounds intermittant like a connection issue. Probably nothing much to worry about hopefully.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
We had a good time last night. AtlantaDad, MrsDutch and I went back up to Greenville to meet up with Shortybdub and Bassman. Again, good to meet you guys and glad we had a chance to hang out for a bit.

There was a bit of drama on the way back though: I had an EPC pop up while on the highway and the car went into limp mode very shortly thereafter. Fortunately there was an exit available right away and we stopped at a gas station to investigate. Nothing obvious presented itself and the car ran fine after a restart and we made it back without further incident. A scan this morning came up with the following:

17388 - Monitoring of Fuel Injector for Cylinder 2
P10B2 00 [096] - Malfunction Detected
Intermittent - Not Confirmed - Tested Since Memory Clear
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 00000001
Fault Priority: 2
Fault Frequency: 1
Mileage: 107640 km
Date: 2019.09.14
Time: 21:01:59

Engine speed: 2291.75 /min
Normed load value: 2.4 %
Vehicle speed: 113 km/h
Coolant temperature: 97 °C
Intake air temperature: 37 °C
Ambient air pressure: 980 mbar
Voltage terminal 30: 13.867 V
Unlearning counter according OBD: 40
Engine: operating status: PL
STATE_LS_SAE[1]: CL
T_AST_SAE: 1203 s
MAP_MES_SAE: 22 kPa
Lambda probe voltage: bank 1: probe 1 (broadband probe): 1.943 V
LF_IV_ERR_RAW_BSW[3]: 1
LF_IV_ERR_VLD_BSW[3]: 6145

I'm not sure what to make of it right now but coupled with the power loss I've experienced during hard driving, I've got some research to do.

That IAT tho :cool:

I agree it’s probably just a fluke, but I did stumble across a fuel injector cleaning/flow bench testing service local to here recently I can send you the info on if you want. It’s only a $100 for the full service, not bad for peace of mind (I’ll probably let them do mine next time I leave the car behind for a trip to Ohio)

Too bad my new work schedule didn’t line up, I would’ve loved to meet up for beers and or karting

-Dutch-

Drag Race Newbie
Tail of the dragon with Jake and A-dad yesterday was fun. Glad we could make something happen with Jake again this year, wouldn't have been a road trip without him. Footage should be available once we get home. I know I said that last year but this time I picked up a spare card so I can actually save the good stuff.

Today we took off from TN and sort of tried to make it home but MrsDutch had a couple of stops to make on the way so we ended up in New Jersey for the night. Energy drinks were consumed along the way to keep me alert and the result is that yes, we made it just fine at 2 am, but it's 4:30 am and I'm posting here instead of snoring.

She has a local friend who wants to grab lunch (today?) before we head back. Checkout is at 11. I'm tired but I can't fall asleep. This should be interesting.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
you're doing well if you haven't gotten any more tickets.

-MrsDutch-

Passed Driver's Ed
Can't believe you guys didn't do any gambling or sight seeing. :confused:

Would have been fun but we got there at 2 am and I’m supposed to meet a friend two hours north of there at 12:30...which didn’t leave much time. I did walk down to the boardwalk and check that out for a little bit but otherwise we just didn’t have the time. We’re also pretty beat from being on the road for two weeks. Old age is catching up with us, I think! [emoji1787]

-Dutch-

Drag Race Newbie
Home!

3,610 miles later, and the MPS4'S installed just before last year's trip are now down to the wear bars. MrsDutch took 59,000 pictures and posted two of them. Work in progress, that one.