GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Steering wheel wrap

olds350

Passed Driver's Ed
I have a tendency to be a little rough on the steering wheel and getting it dirty. In the past I've wrapped the steering wheel on my other cars, so I figured why not wrap the one in the R and help keep it in good shape. I ordered one off of amazon from loncky and I have to say it's pretty well made, only problem I found is the 2 bottom sections don't match up from a stitching count, but the extra is on the back side and hard to spot unless you're looking.

Took me just under 3 hours and that was with starting over once due to the odd number stitches. I used a single thread and hit every other loop on the cover. All in all, I'm very pleased with the look and it feels great. I'm hoping in time the leather will settle into place with heat of the sun.

Attachments

• stitch 1.jpg
    stitch 1.jpg
    295.7 KB · Views: 535
  • top done.jpg
    top done.jpg
    396.9 KB · Views: 571
  • complete.jpg
    complete.jpg
    410 KB · Views: 1,100

XM_Rocks

Autocross Newbie
Is that an alcantara finish? If so those things could turn shiny where it wears.. Might want to wear gloves.

:rolleyes:

Hey, welcome to my house. Feel free to take a seat and relax.

Seriously, this is a steering wheel cover. Alcantara can get nasty, at least it’s cheap to put on a new one.

Golfs everyday

Autocross Newbie
If it turns shiny, I'll just install another one... ;)

Sounds good.

Yeah, was just a note to wear gloves in case you wanted them to last a while. I've owned my share of aftermarket steering wheels over the decades and alcantara/suede is one type that shows wear faster than others. GL with your new steering wheel cover.