GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
FORUM OPTIONS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   GOLFMK7 - VW GTI MKVII Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVII Forum > Volkswagen GTI / Golf MK7 General Topics > Golf R Discussions


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-28-2019, 06:18 PM   #1
mdesjard
Junior Member
 
Drives: 2019 Golf R
Location: florida
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 6
tampabay area with stage 2

I am thinking of going to stage 2 in my 2019 Golf R. But with mixed reviews, I would really like to ride in a 2018 or 2019 R with stage 2, before spending alot of money. Anyone in the tampabay area at stage 2 that I can take a ride in your car? (I do not want to drive it)
mdesjard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 01:18 AM   #2
Mk7sport
Member
 
Drives: 2019 R
Location: Fl/nc
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 37
Maybe expand your search to include Orlando?
Mk7sport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 11:29 PM   #3
S1ack
Member
 
Drives: Mk7 R
Location: NC
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 55
Post same on Vortex, although I'd think that Facebook is place to ask.

Vortex guy once did a google owners map. None of the names in Tampa area seem to be active lately - might try deputydog he used to post quite a bit.

https://forums.vwvortex.com/showthre...-an-owners-map

S1ack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 04:20 AM   #4
fastlax16
Senior Member
 
fastlax16's Avatar
 
Drives: 2016 Deep Black Golf R Manual-Sold
Location: Chicago
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 932
Mixed reviews? Stage 2 is a blast do it and donít look back.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
fastlax16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 10:21 PM   #5
mdesjard
Junior Member
 
Drives: 2019 Golf R
Location: florida
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastlax16 View Post
Mixed reviews? Stage 2 is a blast do it and donít look back.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
cool thanks, it's coming soon
mdesjard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2019, 01:20 AM   #6
MiamiBourne
Senior Member
 
MiamiBourne's Avatar
 
Drives: 2016 Oryx White Pearl Golf R (Base/6spd)
Location: New York
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 544
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdesjard View Post
I am thinking of going to stage 2 in my 2019 Golf R. But with mixed reviews, I would really like to ride in a 2018 or 2019 R with stage 2, before spending alot of money. Anyone in the tampabay area at stage 2 that I can take a ride in your car? (I do not want to drive it)
I suggest a local MK7 Facebook Group. I know some stay away from Facebook but for local stuff it like this it works well

Quote:
Originally Posted by S1ack View Post
Post same on Vortex, although I'd think that Facebook is place to ask.

Vortex guy once did a google owners map. None of the names in Tampa area seem to be active lately - might try deputydog he used to post quite a bit.
This
__________________
Instagram: @miamibournes_golfr
My Build
United Motorsport Tuned: 93oct @ 28psi 6MT (Launch Control/No Lift Shift/Haldex Tune)
Best 1/4: 12.4 @ 112mph (1.82 60ft)
MiamiBourne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2019, 06:52 PM   #7
warpspeedr
Member
 
Drives: 2016 Golf R Manual
Location: Tampa
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 63
Mdesgard, my R is a 2016 manual with APR Stage 2.6 (you were looking for 2018-19) and I live in Tampa. I'd be glad to give you a ride so you can get an idea as to what it can do. BTW, Raidi's Rides featured it on YouTube last November. Let me know if you're interested.



Here's the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExH0...L&index=2&t=5s
warpspeedr is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 12:27 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.