GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

phone holder

olds350

Passed Driver's Ed
I've been looking at the dash layout on this new R I have and there's not a good place to mount a phone holder. I have the magnetic mount in my other car, but I can't find a decent place to mount a holder in the Vdub.

Would you please provide pics of your current setup and where you purchased? TIA...

ElectricEye

Autocross Newbie
No pics, but get a Kenu Airclip.
It's small, very high quality, clips on the vent - and does not dislodge.

johnnloki

Drag Racing Champion
Similar on both accounts: I have phone mounted on passenger side center vent. Waze/Android Auto on the head unit, and JB4 on the phone. It works okay, though I did open this thread to see if there was a better option.

XM_Rocks

Autocross Newbie
I have the D-Docks dock.

Prior to getting this I rarely used CarPlay because I would have to dig for the cable in the cubby and plug it in. Currently most of my trips are short, getting in the car and driving 4-5 miles, getting out then back again to another short trip.

Once I got this all you have to do is slide your phone into the cradle and it engages and stays.

When I get out I grab my phone and go.

It’s amazing how much this little change made.

I also loathe vertical mounts as it clutters up the interior.

pnwbrdr

Ready to race!
+1 to the DDocks solution. Absolutely love mine. The single-handed phone connection is awesome. I much prefer to use android auto instead of having my phone visible. Guess that's personal preference...

I like that DDocks dock but my car has no Homelink and have the garage door opener remote mounted inside the cubby.. it can house the remote and iPhone no issue.

Get yourself the Double Apex garage door button, so you get an OEM looking button. Pricey, but if you're into the OEM+ type mods, it's a good one.

XM_Rocks

Autocross Newbie
Get yourself the Double Apex garage door button, so you get an OEM looking button. Pricey, but if you're into the OEM+ type mods, it's a good one.

I have one I need to sell too.

Was never installed.

$140 shipped to CoNUS all in (including PayPal fees and of course shipping).

$219 Brand New