GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
FORUM OPTIONS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   GOLFMK7 - VW GTI MKVII Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVII Forum > Marketplace > Private Classifieds - Buy, Sell and Trade > Electronics

Old 08-27-2019, 03:28 PM   #1
Thegoat

Drives: 2017 MK7 alltrack
Fender audio door speakers

Hi, i upgraded my factory speakers so i dont need the door speakers anymore. I have the 6.5" mids and the tweeters for rear doors and A pillers.

$50 + shipping for all 8 speakers
Attached Images

Last edited by Thegoat; 08-27-2019 at 04:02 PM.
Thegoat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2019, 02:56 PM   #2
AlphaGypsy

Drives: 2016 VW GTI
How easy was the install of the new speakers?
Old 08-28-2019, 03:24 PM   #3
Thegoat

I used CT Sounds 6.5" and tweeters. They are slightly larger then stock so i had to make speaker rings and glue in the tweeters. Wasnt too hard.
Old 08-29-2019, 06:44 PM   #4
katanamst279

Drives: mk7 Golf GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thegoat View Post
Hi, i upgraded my factory speakers so i dont need the door speakers anymore. I have the 6.5" mids and the tweeters for rear doors and A pillers.

$50 + shipping for all 8 speakers
Hey are these speakers plug and play?
I would like to buy these. Not sure what all needs to be done because I have the base S model.
katanamst279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2019, 07:47 PM   #5
Thegoat

The front and rear tweeters and rear mids should be plug and play. The front mids are dual voice coil so if your plugs dont fit, then i have all the connectors and you could cut and splice the plugs for these into your speaker wires so your running both coils.
Old 08-29-2019, 07:48 PM   #6
Thegoat

Ill put up a picture of the tweeters if i remember to later on
Old 09-10-2019, 10:49 AM   #7
quailallstar

Drives: MK7 Golf Variant R-Line
Wonder if these would sound any good with the stock GTI S system coupled together with the Helix subwoofer and DSP????
2019 Golf 7.5 GTI Rabbit Edition Pure-Weiß 2016 Golf 7 Variant R-Line Pure-Weiß 2011 Golf 6 TDI BLUEMOTION Highline Candy-Weiß 2008 Golf 5 .:R32 Deep Blau Perleffekt DSG 4-MOTION 2006 Golf GTI DSG Tornadorot 2002 Indigo Blau Perleffekt Passat 3BG Trendline. I Euro-spec Mods!
quailallstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 12:11 PM   #8
Thegoat

The speakers would work great. They were made to work together. Do you have the helix sub already? Im not sure if that needs an amp. If your hooking up a DSP id imagine you would need an amp as the dsp converts the out put from the radio to a low voltage signal via rca. Or just get a cross over.
Old 09-10-2019, 01:01 PM   #9
quailallstar

Drives: MK7 Golf Variant R-Line
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thegoat View Post
The speakers would work great. They were made to work together. Do you have the helix sub already? Im not sure if that needs an amp. If your hooking up a DSP id imagine you would need an amp as the dsp converts the out put from the radio to a low voltage signal via rca. Or just get a cross over.
I have a 2019 GTI Rabbit which has the GTI S radio unit with no amp or sub. I have a yet to be installed VW accessories Helix sub with built in DSP that's plug-n-play.

Just wondering if I should buy your entire set of speakers and be the guineapig that hopefully has the Fender speakers sound better than stock (without a proper Fender amp).

Sending you a PM.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
2019 Golf 7.5 GTI Rabbit Edition Pure-Weiß 2016 Golf 7 Variant R-Line Pure-Weiß 2011 Golf 6 TDI BLUEMOTION Highline Candy-Weiß 2008 Golf 5 .:R32 Deep Blau Perleffekt DSG 4-MOTION 2006 Golf GTI DSG Tornadorot 2002 Indigo Blau Perleffekt Passat 3BG Trendline. I Euro-spec Mods!
quailallstar is offline   Reply With Quote