GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Integrated Engineering downpipe cold start

MadMen

Ready to race!
Cold start on the S3 both with stock exhaust - one with resonator delete, and one with resonator.

Normal driving, both setups have zero drone. The res delete is quite loud on cold start and hard throttle. With the res, it sounds just like the stock downpipe with the res delete, which for me is perfect.

https://youtu.be/swoAKCuyWt0

MadMen

Ready to race!
Nice vid! Thanks for making it. :) You went with IE DP and resonator then?

Yes. I originally had just the full stock downpipe and exhaust, with a resonator delete. That was perfect for me.

The IE install with that same set up was perfectly fine for normal daily driving - but was quite loud on cold start - and WOT. That's when I decided to put the stock resonator back on. Now it sounds just like it did with the stock downpipe and resonator delete - so I'm thrilled.

Cold start and WOT is only slightly louder, but almost not noticeable.

B95zP

Ready to race!
Yes. I originally had just the full stock downpipe and exhaust, with a resonator delete. That was perfect for me.

The IE install with that same set up was perfectly fine for normal daily driving - but was quite loud on cold start - and WOT. That's when I decided to put the stock resonator back on. Now it sounds just like it did with the stock downpipe and resonator delete - so I'm thrilled.

Cold start and WOT is only slightly louder, but almost not noticeable.

Awesome! It's definitely got some noise on start up with the DP and no res. I really want the IE DP, the design ticks all the right boxes, but had some concerns about noise.

However it seems the design of their DP isn't on the loud side. It'd be a bummer to remove the 2 month old CTS res delete, yet the easy ability to swap back to OE is why I bought a res delete kit instead of hiring a muffler shop to weld pipe in.

MadMen

Ready to race!
Awesome! It's definitely got some noise on start up with the DP and no res. I really want the IE DP, the design ticks all the right boxes, but had some concerns about noise.

However it seems the design of their DP isn't on the loud side. It'd be a bummer to remove the 2 month old CTS res delete, yet the easy ability to swap back to OE is why I bought a res delete kit instead of hiring a muffler shop to weld pipe in.

Same reason for me, which worked perfectly since I did spend the 20 minutes to put the stock res back on. But I'm getting old, and like my car to be almost stock sounding. Otherwise the DP with the res delete was perfectly fine, since it was only loud on cold start and hard throttle. Otherwise hard to know it wasn't stock.

imtimmy

Ready to race!
I can confirm, IE downpipe w/res delete nice and loud on cold start and while putting your foot into it. I like it, this along with a new clutch makes the car feel like it has a pulse as far as a lil more noise and feel.