GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

EQT Prototype Turbo Results

arob157

Drag Racing Champion
Curious as to if there has been a Dyno with the EQT turbo in a GTI? Very curious to see outputs.

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
Curious as to if there has been a Dyno with the EQT turbo in a GTI? Very curious to see outputs.

There hasn't yet, but we should be seeing some soon. It should be very similar to the R dyno's but I would expect them to show a bit better spool due to the longer gearing.

-- Ed

Daument

Ready to race!
My car with EQT turbo vs GTI with DBV2 V1 on the same dyno:

It's an interesting setup. Spools like the Tomioka but makes more power mid/top, spools faster than the dbv2 but makes similar power mid/top

Here’s a gtx3071 gen 2 ball bearing (boss 6 v2) cartridge on e50 corn with fueling. Low end torque is less than the is38 but it honestly easier to drive smooth normally. We left some on the table... new pump is ordered along with a 4bar sensor. Dino was a dynojet on a 90 degree humid day at 500 ft altitude. When driven in anger is runs extremely well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

pieguy

Ready to race!
What fueling was it running on the dyno and what are you upgrading in the fueling? I assume it's Walbro 450 + MPI and you're doing double Walbro now?

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
Here’s a gtx3071 gen 2 ball bearing (boss 6 v2) cartridge on e50 corn with fueling. Low end torque is less than the is38 but it honestly easier to drive smooth normally. We left some on the table... new pump is ordered along with a 4bar sensor. Dino was a dynojet on a 90 degree humid day at 500 ft altitude. When driven in anger is runs extremely well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

That looks really laggy for the power levels... especially on E50. What car and what gear were the pulls done in?

Thanks
-- Ed

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
I went to dig through some logs I did on the test car that would show how our turbo spools on the street. I found this data from E30 testing. This is a 4th gear pull on the road in a 2015 Golf R. As you can see, the turbo hits 27psi by 3040RPM. For reference, on the dyno, I was seeing boost come in about 300RPM later.

I also included the Intake Air Temp reading to show how efficient the turbo is at these boost levels. This car just has a standard upgraded intercooler and intake temps barely move through a full 4th gear pull.

Luchos

Go Kart Champion
I went to dig through some logs I did on the test car that would show how our turbo spools on the street. I found this data from E30 testing. This is a 4th gear pull on the road in a 2015 Golf R. As you can see, the turbo hits 27psi by 3040RPM. For reference, on the dyno, I was seeing boost come in about 300RPM later.

I also included the Intake Air Temp reading to show how efficient the turbo is at these boost levels. This car just has a standard upgraded intercooler and intake temps barely move through a full 4th gear pull.

Looking good :eek: If I did not have a bigger turbo in mind for the R I'd definitely consider your turbo. Perhaps the wife's Alltrack would be a good candidate down the road.

jybyrd

Go Kart Champion

So, you ran the turbo at nearly 27psi flat across to redline, and only saw a few * IAT increase? That's incredible.

I seriously can't wait to get it installed and in Frank's hands.

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
So, you ran the turbo at nearly 27psi flat across to redline, and only saw a few * IAT increase? That's incredible.

You're getting one of these Jay? Can't wait to see what you think. Thinking about this or Mabo's new smaller ball bearing snail.

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
Looking good :eek: If I did not have a bigger turbo in mind for the R I'd definitely consider your turbo. Perhaps the wife's Alltrack would be a good candidate down the road.

What kind of power are you looking for?

-- Ed

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R

Yes sir! I have other pulls in the 28-29psi range with the same lack of IAT increase. And this is with just a standard APR upgraded intercooler. Would be interesting to see it with Mabo's cooler.

Frank sold a few of these turbos now, so I'm very excited to see some results!

-- Ed

dood.

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S DSG
You're getting one of these Jay? Can't wait to see what you think. Thinking about this or Mabo's new smaller ball bearing snail.

Is there a thread for the Mabo B.B. turbo?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Luchos

Go Kart Champion
What kind of power are you looking for?

-- Ed

For now I am pushing the is38 to the limits w/ some fueling upgrades, boltons and ethanol on the R. I already have a gtx3076r w/ a turbine upgrade on order(700hp capable). I will run stock motor at first and push it as well with some reasonable numbers to keep it somewhat reliable. When it needs a rebuild then my plan is to build motor and open up the new turbo. I was going to throw my is38 on wife's Alltrack until it blows then i will be in a market for a more streetable turbo like yours, with good spool, fast response and good top end. I can't wait to see some more feedback on the EQT turbo.