GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Exhaust

tribetime35

Hi guys , just got apr downpipe. What is the best exhaust to pair with it? I like aggressive sounds , just long as it’s not ridiculous drone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jarbear

Ready to race!
Or have a shop weld in a universal muffler if you're on a tighter budget. Black Widow, flowmaster, etc. Also look up GTI Jakes exhaust threads. Lots-o-info there

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
None. Open catback

This thread has been made many times before. I suggest checking out the exhaust portion of the forum rather than the general discussion section. Lots of good info over there

Go tribe.

DP03

Ready to race!
Not the cheapest way out, but one of the best options IMO = AWE Touring Exhaust. I have it paired with the APR dp, and it sounds amazing with no drone. Highly recommended.

Edit, just reread and said you like aggressive. They also have a Track version which will be louder for sure.

Sparky589

Drag Racing Champion
Count me in as another vote for AWE, not the cheapest but it does sound incredible.

Rafiki76

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MKVII GTI
Go Borla and add a resonator if so desired.

tribetime35

Does the Awe Touring connect directly to the Apr downpipe? Or is there some other piece I would need to purchase?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cdubbgti911

Ready to race!
Honestly the APR downpipes with stock catback is the perfect exhaust note for me. It's quiet enough that it doesn't annoy my neighbors. Doesn't have any drone. Sounds aggressive when I'm on it (sounds awesome going through tunnels or parking garages). Maybe it's because my taste in exhaust notes have changed, as I used to have a magna flow exhaust on my mk6 paired with the Billy Boat downpipe.

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
Another vote for AWE.

Most people with aftermarket DP & Track exhaust experience drone and you might want to look into that.

DP03

Ready to race!
Honestly the APR downpipes with stock catback is the perfect exhaust note for me. It's quiet enough that it doesn't annoy my neighbors. Doesn't have any drone. Sounds aggressive when I'm on it (sounds awesome going through tunnels or parking garages). Maybe it's because my taste in exhaust notes have changed, as I used to have a magna flow exhaust on my mk6 paired with the Billy Boat downpipe.

I thought the same thing. Until I put on the AWE. Still no drone, just much deeper sound than the stock catback.