GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Diagnosing haldex issues from logs?

iTsLiKeAnEgG

Ready to race!
I'm noticing a good amount of wheel spin in 1st/2nd gears when using launch control and wondering if logs can assist in diagnosing haldex issues. I get a good amount of spin with launch control but if I'm just cruising at 3k rpm in 1st gear with traction full off in manual mode I'm not able to get spin and the car pulls hard to the top of 1st into 2nd. Car has an upgraded turbo (mods in sig) and logs show front/rear wheel speeds (about 2.5 seconds of slip before the wheels show roughly the same speeds)

Logs:https://datazap.me/u/dmitriylm/mk7r-logs?log=0&data=16

liljonny16

Ready to race!
I tried doing this last weekend. I was able to notice some variances with wheel speed during slip, it wasn't anything too crazy.

I get nothing but front wheel spin with launch control.

Tigsel

Ready to race!
Sounds like your Haldex is kaput. Do you get any wheel hop? Also, if you have a VCDS cable scan it for faults, you may or may not get a "Mechanical failure" fault. My code popped up after a hard launch accompanied by wheel hop and spin. After dealer replaced the Haldex unit everything went back to smoooooth. They billed VW $4300 for parts and labor. If you're in SF area heat me up, I have a VCDS.

iTsLiKeAnEgG

Ready to race!
Sounds like your Haldex is kaput. Do you get any wheel hop? Also, if you have a VCDS cable scan it for faults, you may or may not get a "Mechanical failure" fault. My code popped up after a hard launch accompanied by wheel hop and spin. After dealer replaced the Haldex unit everything went back to smoooooth. They billed VW $4300 for parts and labor. If you're in SF area heat me up, I have a VCDS.

I'm getting no hop and cant reproduce it outside of launch control. I actually tried today with Cobb traction control enabled (setting 1, most intervention) and had a launch with pretty consistent f/r wheel speeds but I could feel/see ignition cut so I can try a higher setting with less intervention. Someone also told me they had this problem with UM dsg tune until they left esc partially off rather than full off. I'll have to give it a try. I'm in San Bruno, appreciate the offer but I should be able to pull codes with OBDEleven.

Last edited: