GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2015 MK7 GTi LP Light pattern gone wrong.

WorkhorseGTi

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2015 MK7 GTi SE 6MT
Hey guys.
Newbie here.
Hope everyone enjoyed their 4th with your GTi.

I’m in need of some assistance from those of you with the Lighting Package please.

Mine is a 2015 GTi with LP

Attached Vid shows the light pattern on my GTi.

1) The driver side has a long and narrow HotSpot so it makes it difficult to see potholes ahead on the passenger side. Dealer is saying... maybe we might just have to adjust the height.... or just change the Bulb. (Do factory Xenons have Bulbs?)

2) it also shakes really bad over bumps to the point of being embarrassed. (I need to get a more stable phone mount so I can show this)
My local dealer doesn’t really have anyway of testing this as the sun doesn’t set till way past their hours (and I’m not about to authorize a young technician to take my car home)

Nothing you guys can do to assist with problem #2)

But May I ask?
Can some of you send/post some vids showing your light pattern onto the street so I can show the service techs a comparison... I’m hoping to save numerous trips to the service Dept and be apart with my beloved GTi less. =(

Oops. Apparently I cannot attach Vids. So a snapshot then)

Thank you in advance.

(

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

sandmangti

Autocross Newbie
Hey guys.
Newbie here.
Hope everyone enjoyed their 4th with your GTi.

I’m in need of some assistance from those of you with the Lighting Package please.

Mine is a 2015 GTi with LP

Attached Vid shows the light pattern on my GTi.

1) The driver side has a long and narrow HotSpot so it makes it difficult to see potholes ahead on the passenger side. Dealer is saying... maybe we might just have to adjust the height.... or just change the Bulb. (Do factory Xenons have Bulbs?)

2) it also shakes really bad over bumps to the point of being embarrassed. (I need to get a more stable phone mount so I can show this)
My local dealer doesn’t really have anyway of testing this as the sun doesn’t set till way past their hours (and I’m not about to authorize a young technician to take my car home)

Nothing you guys can do to assist with problem #2)

But May I ask?
Can some of you send/post some vids showing your light pattern onto the street so I can show the service techs a comparison... I’m hoping to save numerous trips to the service Dept and be apart with my beloved GTi less. =(

Oops. Apparently I cannot attach Vids. So a snapshot then)

Thank you in advance.

(

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I do not have a picture of light pattern to share but my dealer has a room set up for adjusting the auto lights. They are also an Audi dealer so might have more use. They used this room to adjust my lights after lowering. If your dealer does not do this I would call around till you find one that understands what you are asking for.
Sounds like something in a headlight is loose or damaged.
Might also check the green lever arms attached to the lower suspension that help control lights. One may have come loose or broke.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

WorkhorseGTi

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2015 MK7 GTi SE 6MT
I do not have a picture of light pattern to share but my dealer has a room set up for adjusting the auto lights. They are also an Audi dealer so might have more use. They used this room to adjust my lights after lowering. If your dealer does not do this I would call around till you find one that understands what you are asking for.
Sounds like something in a headlight is loose or damaged.
Might also check the green lever arms attached to the lower suspension that help control lights. One may have come loose or broke.

Thanks Sandman.
Green lever arms?
I’ll start there this weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sandmangti

Autocross Newbie
Thanks Sandman.
Green lever arms?
I’ll start there this weekend.

On the front they are connected to the two lower control arms.
One each side. As the suspension moves up and down the car uses this info to adjust the light. Once mine were not attached after some work and my lights pointed straight up. Luckily after I connected they worked fine. The arms are green plastic maybe 3 inches long. There are also two in the rear.

Belo after what the front LCA'S look like. The small green arms are bolted to them.

This is a picture of aftermarket LCA's. In the arms you see two very small holes. The green arms are on top of these at the small holes. In front. Again two in the rear also.

WorkhorseGTi

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2015 MK7 GTi SE 6MT
On the front they are connected to the two lower control arms.
One each side. As the suspension moves up and down the car uses this info to adjust the light. Once mine were not attached after some work and my lights pointed straight up. Luckily after I connected they worked fine. The arms are green plastic maybe 3 inches long. There are also two in the rear.

Belo after what the front LCA'S look like. The small green arms are bolted to them.

This is a picture of aftermarket LCA's. In the arms you see two very small holes. The green arms are on top of these at the small holes. In front. Again two in the rear also.

Thank you again Sandman.
The detail helps a lot.
Thank you brother.