GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Lets talk downpipes

nate704

Go Kart Champion
Hello fellow enthusiasts, i have a question for the guys who installed they're DPs themselves. As far as i know, the driveshaft bolts are torque to yield, does anyone have the part number? Also, does anyone have the torque spec?

I ordered a CTS turbo catted DP for my wife's 8v S3 and I'm gathering everything i need for install.

Thank you for your time

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

They are not supposed to be reused, but many people just reuse them.
But, I don't want to take any chance of them going wrong. I don't want to risk anything for less than $10 since it's my driveshaft, and if anything goes wrong, it will cost much more than $10.

https://shopdap.com/store/n-908-461-02.html

Gawernator

Go Kart Champion
Based your information, you don't have R, so you don't have a driveshaft connecting the tranny to the haldex unit.

The guy who posted it also doesn't have an R. Just saw it's for the Audi, though.

airjor13

Ready to race!

airjor13

Ready to race!

Haha, idk I remind my coworker everyday his S3 is just the same as an Golf, it gets to him :) guess it's an Audi people thing

cW6mT mKviGTi

Ready to race!
They are not supposed to be reused, but many people just reuse them.
But, I don't want to take any chance of them going wrong. I don't want to risk anything for less than $10 since it's my driveshaft, and if anything goes wrong, it will cost much more than $10.

https://shopdap.com/store/n-908-461-02.html
Thanks so much Nate704, anyone know of the torque spec? Also, the two dog bone bolts, those a TTY, anyone have the part number and torque spec for these? Thanks again.

I mess with my wife all the time and tell her "how's your glorified golf with that fancy suit on?"

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

funks

Ready to race!
Necro bumping this one too - any downpipe out there that is braced to the block and has a user service-able cat?

Pretty sure these high flow cats don't last as long as OEM and given that most of them are welded in - close to impossible to user-replace and service when they go bad. Metal pipes last forever but the cats don't.

Preferably a cat similar to what APR is using on their downpipes (300 cell - GESI). The 034 Motorsports downpipe (braced to the block) looks great but has the same issue with the cat not user replaceable.

Last edited: