GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Driver side front air scoop

2slowvw

Car(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3
Hey everyone, just posting this here because it has been a huge hit in the GTI section of the forums.

Original thread:

https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39631

Driver side cool air vent trim piece for cooler intake temps from the drivers side, instead of sucking in air from the engine bay.

Prices are as follows for continental U.S. (shipping and OEM screws includes):

$30 - Just the upper trim piece either grate or open style.

$55 - Trim with air scoop same options as above.

*Special fitments message me with specs for pricing*

PM me to make an order.
Orders will be filled on first come first serve basis.

I know more than a few people who have cut open their grill on the driver side to allow more airflow up into the dremeled out air intake. This allows for better airflow and faster turbo spool. The problem then is you are left with an unfinished hole in the grill.

Below are pictures of some of the options.

Installation Instructions (It's your car do what you want, but just in case)

Step 1
Place the top piece onto the top side of your grill, the thinner side should be on your right. WHen aligned correctly, the top left corner should just barely cover the existing hole.

Step 2
Take a pencil and make some marks inside of the grates so you know how big to make your hole.

Step 3
With the upper grill aligned, carefully drill out the 4 holes.

Step 4
Remove grill and cut out your hole. Be careful, if you make this hole too big you will have a problem, better to start small and make it bigger.

Step 5
Insert the scoop piece into the Grill. The bottom of the scoop should rest in/on the lip inside the grill. This will help support it and keep it all in one piece.

Step 6
Place the top grill piece over the scoop piece and screw everything together.
*It may be easier to just screw the two pieces together first some and then insert the scoop into the hole and screw it to the grill as one piece*

Last edited: