GOLFMKV

Summer Meet

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
I used to run cruises with Mustangs:

http://www.mustangevolution.com/forum/f296/t394033/

I have two runs both with limited stops/blind corners. One in CT with 100 miles of real tight twisty roads and one of 140 miles of sweepers in Central MA. I worry about cops tho...we would occasionally get in trouble with iconic American cars and think folks would be even less tolerant of imports.

yes we would do blocking at intersections and drove at what I described as a fast but not insane pace.

Last edited:

thadtrain

I'm in too! This sounds like an awesome idea. Mt. Washington would be awesome, as would Baxter State Park or a trip down to the Cape. However, I think if we go north, we'll experience less traffic than the Cape.

Cheers,
Doogs

Tronix13

Ready to race!
I’m not opposed to going North at all for a cruise. We can do Mt. Washington again and take the scenic route like we did last time.

Or we could go to Franconia Notch State Park and go to the Flume Gorge. And on our way back we could stop off at a place called The Little Red Schoolhouse that overlooks the Pemi River in Campton, NH. I heard they have some really good comfort food.

Then there’s also Nubble Lighthouse up in Maine with a beach right down the street. Parking is limited there, especially on weekends when it’s really nice out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tpellegr

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI S 6MT
Count me in! Keep me posted on dates. Definitely willing to drive up North. Franconia and the Kanc in the summer time are gorgeous.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

2SlowNoMo

Ready to race!
Did you guys end up doing a run together? Also, curious how Mt. Washington was on your brakes last year? Is it worth the drive up?

Tronix13

Ready to race!
Did you guys end up doing a run together? Also, curious how Mt. Washington was on your brakes last year? Is it worth the drive up?

Haven’t done a run together yet this year. But we should probably start picking a place soon.

Mt. Washington was very easy on my brakes. I was just up there this past weekend and kept it in 1st gear all the way down and barely had to apply the brakes. And it’s definitely worth the drive up. The views and experience are great. But they do rape you for the price of driving up and down the mountain.

Misslauren82

Ready to race!
I'm sorry - I've been going through the wonderful process of searching for a new job so have not had much time. : )

Now that I've been doomed to the Commuter Rail for the foreseeable future taking a job in the city I'll start the process of trying to figure this out.

2SlowNoMo

Ready to race!
Good to know. Sounds like it's worth the drive. First weekend in July I am doing a three day road rally with friends from NY to VT, up Rte 100, then AirBnB based out of Stowe, VT. doing the Smug's notch mountain pass for fun and then a Burlington/Champlain route.
I am the only VW in the group tho :D, with a 911 and a challenger super bee. We did it last year too, it was a blast.

Tronix13

Ready to race!
Good to know. Sounds like it's worth the drive. First weekend in July I am doing a three day road rally with friends from NY to VT, up Rte 100, then AirBnB based out of Stowe, VT. doing the Smug's notch mountain pass for fun and then a Burlington/Champlain route.
I am the only VW in the group tho :D, with a 911 and a challenger super bee. We did it last year too, it was a blast.

Damn! Not going to lie, I’m a little jealous. That sounds like a lot of fun.

Kent1

When you mention Smuggler's Notch mountain pass, do you mean going through 108 or some other route? I'm really looking into going myself with a buddy and his ecoboost Mustang!

tpellegr

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI S 6MT
When you mention Smuggler's Notch mountain pass, do you mean going through 108 or some other route? I'm really looking into going myself with a buddy and his ecoboost Mustang!

I've been wanting to do this one as well. Now just need an excuse to go up North. Kind of a long day trip. May have to wait for the girlfriend to be out of town ; )