GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Can't stop, won't stop - finally my build

MEM GTI

Ready to race!
Awesome, thanks. Done a ton of google searching, yeah. Both look good. The amount CSG changes in appearance based on lighting is what I love about the color, but makes wheels a tough choice. Ive been worried hyperblack has same effect and that might complicate things but it looks great in pics. Bronze does look great with CSG, I just don’t like bronze. It’s just not me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Navi

Autocross Champion
Updates: installed some 034 goodies. Spherical pendelum mount and upper insert. Took out the lower insert to send back for warranty replacement. It's fucked. Bent and cracked.

Also have some decisions to make regarding brakes:

And got this cool ass tool. Don't know how I've made it so far without it. Racheting palm wrench lol. Got it to make some AN lines.

Last edited:

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
What are your impressions after installing the 034 pendulum arm? How's NVH?

Also, have you considered getting a different lower dogbone insert? Chances are the replacement from 034 will bend again.

Navi

Autocross Champion
Surprisingly it hasn't added any NVH, but I think that's because the upper insert added way more than anything else has, so everything else is kind of child's play compared to that. Yeah I've thought about going with a different set up for that mount. There is way too much going on down there with the two inserts and the spherical pendulum. I would like to simplify it all. Honestly nothing on the market is that great. I have some ideas in mind that I'm going to take to a fabricator though and see what they can do.

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
I’m super happy with the Powerflex Insert (NOT Hybrid) + APR pendulum + BFI S1 mounts.

10-15% NVH increase, ~50% increased stiffness.

Granted, I am on stock power. I’m hoping I stay as happy when I go Stage 1 lol

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Surprisingly it hasn't added any NVH, but I think that's because the upper insert added way more than anything else has, so everything else is kind of child's play compared to that. Yeah I've thought about going with a different set up for that mount. There is way too much going on down there with the two inserts and the spherical pendulum. I would like to simplify it all. Honestly nothing on the market is that great. I have some ideas in mind that I'm going to take to a fabricator though and see what they can do.
Ooo, custom :) I hope it works out.
I'm certain my 034 insert is done since i couldn't pull it out the last time I tried.

Navi

Autocross Champion
VWR oil cooler installed. Drilling into car. Poor car.

Cooler in place and mounted securely

Then I realized my car has the old oil pressure seal adapter. After a couple calls to multiple dealerships, finally found the part I needed. Surprisingly this dealership never has bolts or anything I need but somehow randomly had this part. Also VWR instructions said only cars before 2015 have the old oil adapter seal. My car is a 2017 and had the old one still??? Confusing.

Also needed this deep socket 27mm to finish bolting down the oil filter adapter

Sitting pretty.

Last edited:

Navi

Autocross Champion
update:

removed AP Racing brakes. Sold to a fellow member. Sad to see them go. Happy to see them go to someone that will put them to good use. Don't worry, they are being replaced with another kit; hopefully before the end of March bc there are two events I want to hit. I'm really happy with how fast I'm getting at brake jobs lol. 30 minutes top to swap them.

Sold my wheels also. Wish I could have kept them but something came up for a set of wheels I have wanted for a long long time. Still regret selling the NT03RR though. Might end up with another set in the future.

Last edited:

eventhorizon

Go Kart Champion