GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Hardware required to enable High Beam Assist?

cdt710

As the title states, what is the hardware required to enable high beam assist? I have a 2019 Rabbit GTI which comes with the LED headlights and the driver assistance package, but not the adaptive cruise control. Am I able to enable the high beam assist with some coding or am I missing hardware?

Reaper1

Go Kart Newbie
As the title states, what is the hardware required to enable high beam assist? I have a 2019 Rabbit GTI which comes with the LED headlights and the driver assistance package, but not the adaptive cruise control. Am I able to enable the high beam assist with some coding or am I missing hardware?
Do you have the lane assist camera? It is mounted above the rain sensor at the top of the windshield.

If its there then it will be just a bit of coding.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

cdt710

Thanks for the reply...I do not have the lane assist camera. I wonder how hard it would be to retro-fit. I'm guessing it's just a matter of getting the camera assembly, windshield, and coding?

KyACRASH

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI 6MT, 04 R32
Thanks for the reply...I do not have the lane assist camera. I wonder how hard it would be to retro-fit. I'm guessing it's just a matter of getting the camera assembly, windshield, and coding?

you make that sound like that's not a lot of work :D:D

but yea, pretty much. I believe you also need some trim pieces for the camera, the auto-dimming mirror, and a wiring harness for the mirror and one for the camera

https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46696

Reaper1

Go Kart Newbie
Hmm is your gateway a highline one?

You need a few more stuff minus the windshield xD

KevinC

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'19 Golf R, '21 M2c
Certainly can be done, and I think that light assist is a useful feature - but not worth the effort & expense to retrofit it. On my '16 with full DAP it just needed to be enabled via OBDeleven since the necessary camera was already present.

Reaper1

Go Kart Newbie
Certainly can be done, and I think that light assist is a useful feature - but not worth the effort & expense to retrofit it. On my '16 with full DAP it just needed to be enabled via OBDeleven since the necessary camera was already present.
From 1 to 10 it was about 4 in diffculty, and dont forget about having sign assist and lane assist, which is so nice to have IMO

cdt710

Yeah I don’t think I will do it anytime soon. Probably going to retrofit the digital dash and larger infotainment screen first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk