GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Intercooler performance

Crackness1

Ready to race!

Twist1

Autocross Newbie
Another great cheap option is the cts direct fit intercooler. It takes a little work and know how to fit right but once you do it is one of the biggest out there in terms of size. The thing is massive! I got mine for 550 shipped brand new. It is similar in design to IE with the split vane

Even on is20 to is38 it has no spool loss due to its size, it's comical how fast it drops iats in boost. No matter what the conditions are, it smacks it down to 5-10 above ambient and holds it there no matter how long you stay on the throttle. Even through 5th gear

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
Another great cheap option is the cts direct fit intercooler. It takes a little work and know how to fit right but once you do it is one of the biggest out there in terms of size. The thing is massive! I got mine for 550 shipped brand new. It is similar in design to IE with the split vane

Even on is20 to is38 it has no spool loss due to its size, it's comical how fast it drops iats in boost. No matter what the conditions are, it smacks it down to 5-10 above ambient and holds it there no matter how long you stay on the throttle. Even through 5th gear

That's because the core is a bar and plate design. I have it on my car and it's a great IC. Heavy but works great!

Dragk913

Go Kart Newbie
Isn't Wagner tube & fin?

ALE 5six1

Ready to race!
IE = bar and fin

There is a "bar and fin" design? or is that a typo?

I am also surprised that Wagner is Tube and Fin.

There is a seller on ebay who has a tube an fin, but I never paid much attention to it b/c I was always told bar and plate is the better option.
https://tinyurl.com/y2shjubm

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT

There is a seller on ebay who has a tube an fin, but I never paid much attention to it b/c I was always told bar and plate is the better option.

Bar and plate is the better design and no, that is not a typo unless the website had a typo. I just checked IE's website and it says bar and plate. So the other website I was at, Uro Tuning, had it wrong.

MyGolfMk7

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
B5 S4, Mk7 GTI

Which design is supposedly better isn't all that important with all of these products accessible to see how they do perform. I've not seen much on the Wagner, but in general most ICs appear to perform similarly on a single gear pull. I've tried compiling results and aside from a couple low data point outliers the products are within 5-10 degrees of one another.

Slick99

Ready to race!
Which design is supposedly better isn't all that important with all of these products accessible to see how they do perform. I've not seen much on the Wagner, but in general most ICs appear to perform similarly on a single gear pull. I've tried compiling results and aside from a couple low data point outliers the products are within 5-10 degrees of one another.

just noticed u didnt update the BMS intercooler size i think its 24"x 16" x 2"- 768inch