GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7.5 OEM LED Tails

GTDarren

Hi lads!

I have a set of OEM Mk7.5 tail lights on their way to me at the moment.

I have a 2014 Mk7 GTI with factory LED rear lights.

As I live in Ireland and drive a RHD car, are there any members on here that managed to source a suitable adapter harness, i.e.

Mk7 Factory LED Tail Lights to Mk7.5 Factory LED Tail Lights

Thanks,

Darren

P1070354 by Darren Mac Uidheas, on Flickr

davewg

Ready to race!
After a 2 month wait, I now have a set of OEM MK7.5 LED tail lights installed! They look great. Thanks to ZERO815 for his harness. Highly recommend him.

Mine shipped from e-acca today. Delivery Tuesday. Can't wait.

ZERO815's harness looks amazing sitting in my drawer waiting to be installed.

Sc629

Go Kart Newbie
Bought some tails from a UK GTI recently. Can't wait for them to come in. Guessing only difference will be opposite sided fog which isn't a big deal. I bought a harness from "extreme network" on eBay so I'll have to see how that is

DasAuto12

Passed Driver's Ed
I will be placing my order here soon from e-acca most likely. But help me understand something.. I'm looking at the tails at e-acca for $525, shopdap for $850, ecstuning for $1000, upsmotorsport for $870.. what am I missing? what is with the big discrepancy on these prices?

dunkelweizen

Go Kart Newbie
I will be placing my order here soon from e-acca most likely. But help me understand something.. I'm looking at the tails at e-acca for $525, shopdap for $850, ecstuning for $1000, upsmotorsport for $870.. what am I missing? what is with the big discrepancy on these prices?

If I had to hazard a guess: E-Acca gets parts direct from VW and only buys them from VW when you place an order.

Whereas the other places you mentioned probably goes through a middle man (with a mark up) and they also keeps some stock on hand, which adds to costs.

Or they just like to have really big margins...

But to be fair, those prices you noted above include the harness - which you will need to buy separately from somewhere else if you order the E-Acca set (assuming you want the dynamic turn signal functionality).

Sc629

Go Kart Newbie
Damn u shouldve bought from eacca. I have heard that buying the tails in Europe is around $500 so would make sense

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NeedSleep

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R DSG

Convenience for the consumer. Profit for the vendor.

We know shipping will take a while from E-acca and Cars245, whereas the US-based vendors can get the parts to a US address in days.

A US-based buyer also doesn't have to worry about dealing with some company overseas (if that's a concern) if they go through the US vendors because the vendors already did that on their behalf.

These US vendors love large profits. Iirc, there was someone who tested different power folding mirrors. The ones sold by the US vendors were the same as much cheaper ones found on Aliexpress. Looking for a solar-powered battery tender, I saw one vendor selling one for much more than what the same exact one costs on Amazon.

Edit: side note....I have bought from some of the US vendors. All I'm saying is to do proper research when buying parts so you don't overpay for something.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Crild

Drag Race Newbie
Convenience for the consumer. Profit for the vendor.

We know shipping will take a while from E-acca and Cars245, whereas the US-based vendors can get the parts to a US address in days.

A US-based buyer also doesn't have to worry about dealing with some company overseas (if that's a concern) if they go through the US vendors because the vendors already did that on their behalf.

These US vendors love large profits. Iirc, there was someone who tested different power folding mirrors. The ones sold by the US vendors were the same as much cheaper ones found on Aliexpress. Looking for a solar-powered battery tender, I saw one vendor selling one for much more than what the same exact one costs on Amazon.

Edit: side note....I have bought from some of the US vendors. All I'm saying is to do proper research when buying parts so you don't overpay for something.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
Same thing people do with Amazon. Buy from Ali Express and resell on Amazon. Several guys do it also have YouTube accounts and they makes multiple hundreds of $$ by reselling. It's do you want to get it from a local vendor and have it in 2 days or do you want to save $$ and wait 2 months for it. Simple as that.

Most of us who ordered from each/cars245 got them when they just dropped and no one in the USA had them yet.

HuangMoney

Go Kart Newbie

Am I the only one who ordered and had it ship 3 days later?
edit: that blacked out number is not blacked out...thats ok

Last edited:

Erriverrat

Most of the “others” are vw suppliers or complete copies - e-Accra supplies OEM VW branded parts only - as others point out most of the us or amazon stuff includes harness’s or a trick module - but you have to ask yourself is it the same quality as VW branded - as in fit finish longevity etc.

I at least don’t have to worry how long they will look good or what quality led modules are used etc...

And yes you will need a harness - I highly recommend ZEROS harness - as close to the real thing - and regardless of any route you go you will need either a Ross tech cable or odb 11 adapter to recode the car 150-250 depending on which you do

blaqsheep

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
IS38 GTI
Am I the only one who ordered and had it ship 3 days later?
edit: that blacked out number is not blacked out...thats ok

Lucky you. I got my order received email a day before you and it hasn’t shipped yet. Worth the wait.

Sc629

Go Kart Newbie
So for anybody wondering, ExtremeNetwork on ebay had told me they developed their harness alongside Paul from ShopDAP which is why they look very similar