GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
FORUM OPTIONS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   GOLFMK7 - VW GTI MKVII Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVII Forum > Technical Topics > Golf R Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Tunes

Old 02-20-2019, 08:53 PM   #69
Ed @ EQT

Drives: Mk7 Golf R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf7RR View Post
Ed, have a question. I already have a walbro 450LPFP pump and can run full E85 via UM's flex fuel tune. If the car has port injection with upgraded 1300ccinjectors. (port). is there any benefit from running iroz' brushless pump? i see it as pricey and not needed. please educate me. lines are stock. not upgraded. HPFP is also factory. car is an R. goal is to not have to think about E-mixes with the EQT turbo and be able to fill up the tank with E85 occasionally. most of the time the vehicle will be on pump93oct. solely.
It's probably best to consult with your tuner (UM) on this one. But if the 450lph pump is supplying enough fuel for your power levels on E85, then there is no benefit to upgrading it further.

-- Ed
Old 02-20-2019, 08:57 PM   #70
Ed @ EQT

Quote:
Originally Posted by CmlapisMK7R View Post
Ed,

What sort of whp/wtq gain is acheived between your ED OTS stage 2 map and your custom e-tune?
That tends to depend on how well the OTS map is running on your specific car/setup/fuel/conditions. If its running optimally, I would say you'd be looking at around 10whp/15ft-lbs gain from going with a custom tune. If the OTS map isn't quite as happy and you want to go aggressive on the custom tune, we could see as much as 20whp/30ft-lbs. And of course the other benefit to the e-tune is making sure things are safe and proper as well as customizing the powerband to your liking.

Thanks
-- Ed
Old 02-20-2019, 09:07 PM   #71
Golf7RR

Drives: 2016 Golf R 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed @ EQT View Post
It's probably best to consult with your tuner (UM) on this one. But if the 450lph pump is supplying enough fuel for your power levels on E85, then there is no benefit to upgrading it further.

-- Ed
Quote:
Originally Posted by flipflp View Post
That question isn't quite about EQT's E-Tuning services hahaha.

I'd say no you don't need it unless you run out of pump on full E85 and don't think the flow bump from swapping to a Walbro 525 and upgrading your lines would be enough.

The IROZ brushless is for HP levels beyond what the EQT turbo could do IMO. It's way too much money for 500hp, but it's a bargain if your goal is 700hp+.

thanks guys. i figured the EQT would cause the engine to need more fuel for the additional output for full E85. if that is not the case then you are right probably not needed.
Golf7RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 09:20 PM   #72
Ed @ EQT

Quote:
thanks guys. i figured the EQT would cause the engine to need more fuel for the additional output for full E85. if that is not the case then you are right probably not needed.
It will absolutely need a lot more fuel than an IS38 on E85. But the 450 should be able to supply enough as long as its getting enough amperage. I've heard of people running a ground to chassis to help.

-- Ed
Old 02-20-2019, 09:42 PM   #73
Golf7RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed @ EQT View Post
It will absolutely need a lot more fuel than an IS38 on E85. But the 450 should be able to supply enough as long as its getting enough amperage. I've heard of people running a ground to chassis to help.

-- Ed
hmm not a bad idea. any additional detail on the grounding? to the top plate/ring? or to a certain wire?
thank you.
Old 02-20-2019, 09:48 PM   #74
Diggs24

Drives: 2015 GTI; 2003 Saab 9-3 SS
Quote:
hmm not a bad idea. any additional detail on the grounding? to the top plate/ring? or to a certain wire?
thank you.
Drill a hole. grind off paint. bolt down wire with a ring connector.

Old 02-20-2019, 09:51 PM   #75
Golf7RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diggs24 View Post
Drill a hole. grind off paint. bolt down wire with a ring connector.

diggs, where does the other end go? i have to look at my LPFP connector again. i couldn't make it out from the photo. did you splice into a certain wire. used a pin on the connector? thanks.
Old 02-20-2019, 09:59 PM   #76
uberpolka

Drives: 2017 GTI Sport
Ed,

Do you plan on offering any thing like decals or license plate frames, either separately or with the purchase of tunes?

I'm not one to really run with stickers all over or any sort of advertising on the car, but you do great work and I think a lot of your customers here would be more than happy to rep your work.
uberpolka is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 10:00 PM   #77
Diggs24

Drives: 2015 GTI; 2003 Saab 9-3 SS
Quote:
diggs, where does the other end go? i have to look at my LPFP connector again. i couldn't make it out from the photo. did you splice into a certain wire. used a pin on the connector? thanks.
That big yellow wire is the negative off the pump (oversized vs the dinky little OEM one). Normally it would go to the ECU with the rest of those wires. On the blue connector it has a - sign.

EDIT: I did not need to do this on my car. It runs E70+ just fine.
Old 02-20-2019, 10:02 PM   #78
Golf7RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diggs24 View Post
That big yellow wire is the negative off the pump (oversized vs the dinky little OEM one). Normally it would go to the ECU with the rest of those wires. On the blue connector it has a - sign.
i took a look, my pump top is green (R) your pic is blue (gti's) the connector layout is not the same. i have 2 connectors. (probably because i have a saddle tank?
so on an R i would still look for the A (minus) sign and would be OK? i dont want to short something out. I will check the voltages first.

edit: searched forum cannot find where you got the info. links? thanks.
2nd edit: as flipflip said this may not be the right forum to post this. can you please message me? thanks!! sorry to Ed didnt mean to cloud up your thread.

Last edited by Golf7RR; 02-20-2019 at 10:17 PM.
Old Yesterday, 02:43 PM   #79
Petey T

Do any of the base tunes with an Accessport get rid of a CEL from a catless downpipe?
Old Yesterday, 04:28 PM   #80
Ed @ EQT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petey T View Post
Do any of the base tunes with an Accessport get rid of a CEL from a catless downpipe?

Yep. All stage 2 tunes will.

ó Ed
Old Yesterday, 05:35 PM   #81
GhostGTI

Drives: MK7 GTI Autobahn
Ed, I think this thread is great. Just wanted to toss out a suggestion to maybe adjust it as FAQ and Q&A thread.

If the OP could have all the FAQ's pre-loaded, it could help reduce the repeat questions and allow focused Q&A as the thread lives on.

I'm sure you know the FAQ's by now, but I imagine a few might be:

What's the average turn around time?
Will the OTS tune removed my CEL?
Are fueling upgrades needed?
What can you tune (ECU and TCU)?
How do I purchase credits?
Upgrade options from OTS to Pro-tune?

You could even lead it off with your "About Custom E-Tuning" and "How it Works" sections from your website: https://eqtuning.com/collections/vw-...7-gti-golf-r-1

End goal, less inundation for you while keeping the basic answers from showing up every two or three pages.
Old Yesterday, 05:45 PM   #82
Ed @ EQT

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostGTI View Post
Ed, I think this thread is great. Just wanted to toss out a suggestion to maybe adjust it as FAQ and Q&A thread.

If the OP could have all the FAQ's pre-loaded, it could help reduce the repeat questions and allow focused Q&A as the thread lives on.

I'm sure you know the FAQ's by now, but I imagine a few might be:

What's the average turn around time?
Will the OTS tune removed my CEL?
Are fueling upgrades needed?
What can you tune (ECU and TCU)?
How do I purchase credits?
Upgrade options from OTS to Pro-tune?

You could even lead it off with your "About Custom E-Tuning" and "How it Works" sections from your website: https://eqtuning.com/collections/vw-...7-gti-golf-r-1

End goal, less inundation for you while keeping the basic answers from showing up every two or three pages.

Definitely a great suggestion. Iíll try to set aside some time to put these together, but Iíve been really busy keeping up with the orders lately. If anyone wants to help out and put together some preliminary list items like you did, send it over and Iíll try to fill it out and add to the post.

Thanks
ó Ed