GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Subframe mount...... stock with 034.... what do you think about this ?

DrDavid

Ready to race!
May be i have to replace the subframe mount ?

Enviado desde mi SM-N950F mediante Tapatalk

DrDavid

Ready to race!
I can see that original is like thet too.......

I will replace it but may be a head pain remove it..... :(

Twist1

Autocross Newbie
A DIYer is not going to be able to replace those mounts. They are heat treated, coated, then heated up again and press fitted into the subframe hole while being heated as well. Of course we all replace with aftermarket ones that have a wide range of mounting tolerance to them but the oem design ones are very difficult to replace yourself and require complete removal of the entire subframe. VW charges a lot to replace those out of warranty for that very reason

One MM misalignment of the oem mounts can cause the entire engine to shift to or from the frame by 5-10+ MMs which is bad.
Just get a lower replacement and an insert for the top or the power flex hybrid

russiankid

Drag Race Newbie
A DIYer is not going to be able to replace those mounts. They are heat treated, coated, then heated up again and press fitted into the subframe hole while being heated as well. Of course we all replace with aftermarket ones that have a wide range of mounting tolerance to them but the oem design ones are very difficult to replace yourself and require complete removal of the entire subframe. VW charges a lot to replace those out of warranty for that very reason

One MM misalignment of the oem mounts can cause the entire engine to shift to or from the frame by 5-10+ MMs which is bad.
Just get a lower replacement and an insert for the top or the power flex hybrid

How are DIY'ers able to remove the mount completely (without cutting) and replace it with aftermarket ones if they undergo a heat cycle?:confused:

Rollback50k1

Ready to race!
OP

What made you want to inspect it? Engine rock?

If so, how do the other mounts look? I know I’ve noticed a decent amount of engine rock but I’m also coming from a background of solid/poly mounts. I’m having VW take a look at them while they have it for the week I’m going away since I just bought the car a couple of weeks ago.

-Martin

DrDavid

Ready to race!
OP

What made you want to inspect it? Engine rock?

If so, how do the other mounts look? I know I’ve noticed a decent amount of engine rock but I’m also coming from a background of solid/poly mounts. I’m having VW take a look at them while they have it for the week I’m going away since I just bought the car a couple of weeks ago.

-Martin
Nothing.... just made a visual inspection when do an aligment... :)

DrDavid

Ready to race!
Always says that NVH on idle rpm without air conditioner on are almost go with the 50 rpm correction from obdeleven or vcds.....
:)

Twist1

Autocross Newbie
How are DIY'ers able to remove the mount completely (without cutting) and replace it with aftermarket ones if they undergo a heat cycle?:confused:

Because they take a press tool and press it out with the subframe off but reinstall of an oem puck is a pita. That's why no one ever does that. They just replace with a better, more durable aftermarket option

DrDavid

Ready to race!
Because they take a press tool and press it out with the subframe off but reinstall of an oem puck is a pita. That's why no one ever does that. They just replace with a better, more durable aftermarket option
what would that option be?