GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Engine/Transmission Mount Install - NJ/Philly area

carchrism5

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTI
Don't mean to hijack a thread, but I don't want to re-post something very similar!

I'm looking to have mounts (BFI Stage 1 engine/trans) installed AND a Wavetrac LSD. Same two shops/people mentioned here are more than capable I assume? I live very close to NYC (twenty minutes) if it matters.

Yes, both are more than capable. Billy or Josh/Lexie

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
Don't mean to hijack a thread, but I don't want to re-post something very similar!

I'm looking to have mounts (BFI Stage 1 engine/trans) installed AND a Wavetrac LSD. Same two shops/people mentioned here are more than capable I assume? I live very close to NYC (twenty minutes) if it matters.

There’s also KMD Tuning

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

launchd

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2023 M3LR, 2021 A7
Yes, both are more than capable. Billy or Josh/Lexie

This may sound really crazy but, do you (or anyone else) know if Billy works at a Volkswagen dealership too?

Last edited:

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
Got my appointment booked with Josh @ TCR for Sunday. Super pleased that I don't have to take off work on a weekday in order to get this done.
Josh took excellent care of me and my car for my clutch install.

carchrism5

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTI
This may sound really crazy but, do you (or anyone else) know if Billy works at a Volkswagen dealership too?

Yes he does.

Got my appointment booked with Josh @ TCR for Sunday. Super pleased that I don't have to take off work on a weekday in order to get this done.

Good choice, I was down by him two weeks ago. Had some cool stuff in there too.

HuangMoney

Go Kart Newbie

He's a master tech and shop foreman at a dealer.

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
Josh took excellent care of me and my car for my clutch install.

Josh at TCR Performance. He just installed my BFI Stage 1 Engine/Transmission mounts along with my AWE Resonated DP.

He's popular on the MQB Facebook group.

https://www.facebook.com/TCR-Performance-1896899090390098/

I've also heard Billy mentioned on the same FB groups. Seems like Josh or Billy are the way to go.

Go to Josh @ TCR or Billy @ A2B. Either will get it done correctly.

Thank you all for pointing me to Josh @ TCR. He did my BFI mounts + Powerflex insert and a tire rotation in about an hour and fifteen minutes, and everything is perfectly done. No NVH, very solid drivetrain, the car feels exactly the way I wanted it to.

I hung out with them in the shop for the install and we chatted the whole time. Good people, easy to talk to.

So for speed, quality, and friendliness for a good price, TCR is an excellent choice for people in New Jersey (worth the drive from pretty much anywhere in the state, pretty centrally located)

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
Thank you all for pointing me to Josh @ TCR. He did my BFI mounts + Powerflex insert and a tire rotation in about an hour and fifteen minutes, and everything is perfectly done. No NVH, very solid drivetrain, the car feels exactly the way I wanted it to.

I hung out with them in the shop for the install and we chatted the whole time. Good people, easy to talk to.

So for speed, quality, and friendliness for a good price, TCR is an excellent choice for people in New Jersey (worth the drive from pretty much anywhere in the state, pretty centrally located)

Glad to hear. We need to keep supporting these shops that do great work.

daujin_mk7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI DSG
Anyone in the Philly area with upgraded mounts, either stage 1 or stage 2?
Would anyone of yall let me ride along? Would like to get a feel before I make a purchase