GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MAGIC/MAJESTY (eBay) 16.4 liter Intercooler

aameghoo

Passed Driver's Ed
Any downside to using the stock hoses on my MK7 R for this? Want to keep things looking as stock as possible. Also, would the black or silver IC look more stock when installed

George Ab

Drag Racing Champion
Any downside to using the stock hoses on my MK7 R for this? Want to keep things looking as stock as possible. Also, would the black or silver IC look more stock when installed

I replaced mine, just because a set of hoses came with IC. However, I see no downside to reusing your hoses. It is pretty well protected and difficult to see, but IMO black would look more stock as stock is black plastic.

DSC808

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE MT

When I took my stock hoses off they were pretty torn up. Might as well get them with the IC because if you take off your stock ones and they're chewed up... Also you'll never see the IC so who cares what color.

Renck

Ready to race!

Stop asking questions and buy it already............:p

Not an R (as you know), but I used the stock hoses. They were in really good shape and hence I was able to use them to keep the stock look at my car.

Nyulak

Ready to race!
I bought this IC earlier this year and will finally have it installed this Friday. I finally tried logging with VCDS, but Datazap doesn't seem to like the file. The first row in Datazap is misaligned with respect to the rest of the rows. Has anyone uploaded a VCDS log to Datazap successfully? I could use some hints as I would like to post before and after logs. TIA

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1
I bought this IC earlier this year and will finally have it installed this Friday. I finally tried logging with VCDS, but Datazap doesn't seem to like the file. The first row in Datazap is misaligned with respect to the rest of the rows. Has anyone uploaded a VCDS log to Datazap successfully? I could use some hints as I would like to post before and after logs. TIA

Open the file in exel, realign the cells, save, then upload. Should fix you right up.

Nyulak

Ready to race!
Open the file in exel, realign the cells, save, then upload. Should fix you right up.

The cells are aligned in Excel. It's not aligned in Datazap. Even opening in Numbers shows things look correct. I deleted the second, third, and fourth Time Stamp columns and uploaded the edited CSV, but It still gets misaligned by Datazap.

I guess I'll play with it some more.

Nyulak

Ready to race!

arob157

Drag Racing Champion
Gonna install this weekend, but just a quick question:

What size are the IC hose clamps. I was pretty sure it was 2.5in. My IC is missing 3 of the clamps and I want to order new ones. Thanks for the info. Tried to search and didn't see the size listed or recs.

arob157

Drag Racing Champion
Gonna install this weekend, but just a quick question:

What size are the IC hose clamps. I was pretty sure it was 2.5in. My IC is missing 3 of the clamps and I want to order new ones. Thanks for the info. Tried to search and didn't see the size listed or recs.
The stock clamps are 64-74mm and are listed as 2.5".

If you Amazon new ones, lean towards the 70-78mm or 3" ones. I should have ordered both. Was an idiot. Oh well, Sunday it is.

arob157

Drag Racing Champion
Got the IC installed. All went relatively smooth. Radiator clip inserts needed to be modified/opened up. Passenger side tab below the Radiator clip was undersized (went in, just tough).

Weird thing was all went smoothly until final alignment. The driver's side put up a small fight installing the clips. No clearance issues with the driver's side peg at all. Bottom peg installed. Rotated the lower mounts all the way forward (only gained maybe 1/8in.; stock core support bolt was almost all the way forward).

Needless to say the driver's side boost hose is right up against the fan guard. Don't really dig it. I don't forsee it being a huge issue, but the engine is gonna move, even with a dogbone insert.

Anyone else have this fit issue? Seriously all else was good. Just can't figure out why the driver's side didn't seat as well. Got it to shift another ~ 1/8in. forward, but couldn't get anything else out of it. Honestly worried about the plastic boost pipe.

Zer0DazE

Ready to race!
The pipe and clamp on my driver side also has little to no clearance. I was under it yesterday and I found no issues with it though.

arob157

Drag Racing Champion
The pipe and clamp on my driver side also has little to no clearance. I was under it yesterday and I found no issues with it though.
Thanks for the reassurance. Don't really see any way around it besides filing open the core support mounting tabs.

Nyulak

Ready to race!
Got the IC installed. All went relatively smooth. Radiator clip inserts needed to be modified/opened up. Passenger side tab below the Radiator clip was undersized (went in, just tough).

Weird thing was all went smoothly until final alignment. The driver's side put up a small fight installing the clips. No clearance issues with the driver's side peg at all. Bottom peg installed. Rotated the lower mounts all the way forward (only gained maybe 1/8in.; stock core support bolt was almost all the way forward).

Needless to say the driver's side boost hose is right up against the fan guard. Don't really dig it. I don't forsee it being a huge issue, but the engine is gonna move, even with a dogbone insert.

Anyone else have this fit issue? Seriously all else was good. Just can't figure out why the driver's side didn't seat as well. Got it to shift another ~ 1/8in. forward, but couldn't get anything else out of it. Honestly worried about the plastic boost pipe.

Had mine installed last Friday and had the same fitment issue. the shop removed material from the fan support to create a gap. I will go back under there next weekend to see what I can epoxy to the weakened support to ensure the fan doesn’t get cozy with the radiator.

GLoBaLReBeL

Ready to race!
The fan blades are far enough from that plastic support piece that even if there was momentary push from the piping, it wouldn't cause an issue. I had the same fitment problem, and while I was worried at first, I haven't seen any issues.