GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Gut check: newer GT350

jybyrd

Go Kart Champion
I had a new GT350 roll up on me on my commute this morning and flash his brights / flip the 'hang ten', indicating a playful demeanor. I flashed hazards to acknowledge his advances, and gave it the beans.

To my surprise, he was not able to keep up. Probably a bus by 125mph.

So, my question to you all - was he pulling his punches, or are those things fat pigs just like the rest of the mustangs?

He gave me the 'ricer fly by' after I slowed down to a reasonable speed, which peaked the curiosity of a nearby friendly bike cop, who proceeded to pull him over. I can probably pull the dashcam footage if anyone is interested. :D

FastEggMk7

Ready to race!
DASHCAM PLEASE!! And they're not fast... I keep up with my MK7 GTi Stage 1. Not sure how.... but I've kept up. LMAO

bart2278

Go Kart Champion
530 to the crank & 3800lbs. I think they do mid 12's stock, so yea it's possible. Idk about a stage 1 though.

Hoon

Autocross Champion
What was the start speed? They trap 118-119 stock, so an IS38 should have its hands full.

My guess is he started 1 gear too high...he probably didn't realize he was actually going to have to make an effort.

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
Oh god yes footage please.

jybyrd

Go Kart Champion
What was the start speed? They trap 118-119 stock, so an IS38 should have its hands full.

My guess is he started 1 gear too high...he probably didn't realize he was actually going to have to make an effort.

We were going pretty fast already.. 70ish. I punched it in 4th around 3600-3800rpm

I think you're on the money with the gearing. This wasn't a slow walk, but also not a complete face-stomp.

Not an OTS IS38 tune either:
https://datazap.me/u/jybyrd4606/e25meth?log=0&data=1-4-18-25&solo=4-25

jybyrd

Go Kart Champion
Yes, dashcam please, especially of getting pulled over.

Also, 1 bus at 125 isn't out of the realm of possibility. Should be a good matchup for a tuned IS38 GTI.

I don't have a rear cam, because cheap. Sorry.

I'll pull the footage tonight and see if it has the goods.

FastEggMk7

Ready to race!
530 to the crank & 3800lbs. I think they do mid 12's stock, so yea it's possible. Idk about a stage 1 though.

IDK how I kept up with GT350 and I pulled a Supercharged from factory CTS-V. A 2nd gen... LMAO

Fastlax16

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2019 DBP R
There was a stock one trapping mid to high 140s in the last half mile I was at. APR stage 2 R was doing 139 at the same even for comparison.

FastEggMk7

Ready to race!
There was a stock one trapping mid to high 140s in the last half mile I was at. APR stage 2 R was doing 139 at the same even for comparison.

Stage 2 MK7 R or MK6 R?