GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR Stage 1 MK7 GTI vs Stock MK7 R

.:KindiGTI

Go Kart Champion

.:KindiGTI

Go Kart Champion
Now let's see stage 1 vs stage 1 :) we all know that outcome

The R is already a few thousands more expensive than the GTI :rolleyes: and I wouldn't be surprised if a modded GTI will give a modded R a run for its money

What was the rolling start speed? Good performance from the GTI though

No idea really. But that's some great performance from the GTI. I now have faith in APR :D

Coolrunning39

Go Kart Newbie
The R is already a few thousands more expensive than the GTI :rolleyes: and I wouldn't be surprised if a modded GTI will give a modded R a run for its money

No idea really. But that's some great performance from the GTI. I now have faith in APR :D

I definitely agree! I bet just like the Mk6 's you'll have to swap for a K04 to fully do it. Stage 2 gti is still less than a stage 2 R, but K04+ is a whole new game

TAZZ1

Ready to race!
What was the rolling start speed? Good performance from the GTI though

That's a high 2nd gear roll; you can read the starting speed on the low-right corner; it's around 80Kph. You can notice the GTI really pulling on the R after 200Kph, but funny how the R caught and slowly reeled in the GTI around 245Kph :confused: I imagine that pulls at lower speed or in 1st gear would show the same outcome but with a much smaller gap, with the R taking advantage of its AWD.
Anyway that's quite impressive from a stage1 GTI, looking forward to the seeing the stage1 R :cool:

Of course an identical stage is always going to show the R ahead, but the stage-to-stage pattern is likely to be quite different than for the MK6 era; reason being that for the first time the GTI and R share the same new-gen engine [save for internals, intercooler and turbo].

FastEggMk7

Ready to race!
Now let's see stage 1 vs stage 1 :) we all know that outcome

I ran my buddies Stage 1 Cobb R in my Stage 1 GTi and I pulled away. But, no he has high output tune on his. We drove each other's cars and it seems the GTi pulls harder 20-80mph and his R pulls way stronger after 80mph.