GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stock for Stock ?

sskilzz12

I have had some nice races in the last few months that I've had my MK7 :)

Stock for stock what do we hold our own against?
(ex: like 350's. wrx, anything considered a "race car " lol

TwinDad

Autocross Newbie

They are faster. Stock your more in line of a V6 Honda or Nissan, any Ford SUV with ecoboost, an escalade. Any tune or JB4 is a huge difference for your car

TwinDad

Autocross Newbie
Just trying to sway him into a tune. Lol. Once you tune that thing it's a whole different animal. The gti has to be the most tune friendly car going. It's amazing what you can do with them. Just wish they offered the 2.0 in the wagon. I'm stuck with the 1.8 and all of its shortcomings.

Mels15GTI

Ready to race!
You should do well against a DE 350z, stock WRX, Mazdaspeed3,and focus St, I'm not sure about the focus though, I've never had any experience with one, always hope to run across one. Obviously a fiesta st, civic si, and veloster turbo, and a genesis 2.0t. I've been looking to try a 3.8 genesis but I'm not stock. Not far from it though. Also it depends on how well you drive compared to your competitors.

Jose_Gti

Autocross Newbie
For some odd reason I have had like 4 or 5 "races" with acura mdx and acura tlx, not really challenging but I don't understand why they don't pick somebody their own size? Lol
I work in Chester PA and live in Philly so every day I'm 30 minutes enjoying I-95 highway and every time I'm minding my business but when I pass an Acura I think to my self, wait for it... and sure enough they try to pass me left, right, one time even using the shoulder! then I open gas and that's it for the day...

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
For some odd reason I have had like 4 or 5 "races" with acura mdx and acura tlx, not really challenging but I don't understand why they don't pick somebody their own size? Lol
I work in Chester PA and live in Philly so every day I'm 30 minutes enjoying I-95 highway and every time I'm minding my business but when I pass an Acura I think to my self, wait for it... and sure enough they try to pass me left, right, one time even using the shoulder! then I open gas and that's it for the day...

For me, it's usually bro trucks.
Some variation of this. Usually doesn't end well for them.

Best competition was a real farmer in a beat up Dodge Dually diesel out on a rural highway. He kept up to 120. Curves and all.

Jose_Gti

Autocross Newbie
For me, it's usually bro trucks.
Some variation of this. Usually doesn't end well for them.

Best competition was a real farmer in a beat up Dodge Dually diesel out on a rural highway. He kept up to 120. Curves and all.

Good ol' Texas! Lived in Dallas for 3 years, I missed those days and those trucks, I would't mine owning one of those...

Bigsnoop144

Ready to race!

I pulled a stock wrx when i was stage 1 ED no intake, it was a train so i imagine you should still beat one stock

Wolphe

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2015 TSi
Just trying to sway him into a tune. Lol. Once you tune that thing it's a whole different animal. The gti has to be the most tune friendly car going. It's amazing what you can do with them. Just wish they offered the 2.0 in the wagon. I'm stuck with the 1.8 and all of its shortcomings.

MKVII Golf 1.8TSi here, aside from the obvious power difference with the 2.0 and transmission, what shortcomings have there been?

TwinDad

Autocross Newbie
I'm at my limit where I can go with the fueling. I can still upgrade to the IS20 turbo from the gti, but still will fall short in the fuel required to use it to its full potential. The next choice would be to upgrade the injectors and then your next obstacle is how much power the transmission can handle. At best you will be able to break into the 12's with a big turbo 1.8. With the gti, you can get another 100whp and 100+torque without having to touch your injectors or worry about your transmission strength. It's only .2 liter bigger, but it has a lot more left in it to tune over the 1.8