GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Played with a Shelby GT500

2015WhiteGTI

Go Kart Champion
Yes, the 662HP when stock Shelby GT500. The guy had a passenger and I did see three additional gauges on the A-pillar, but I don't know if it was stock or had anything done to it. It was quite loud when he floored it (pretty nasty sounding no matter what).

We rolled on when I was in second gear up to about 90. I hung in better than I thought, but of course he was pulling away. I thought I'd be like Wiley Coyote vs. the Roadrunner, but it wasn't as bad as I thought considering he's making about twice the HP I am.

Pretty cool guy gave me the thumbs-up afterwards.

WOLF

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MkV GTI
excellent work.
GT500 weigh from 3900-4100lbs.
You have the lighter 6spd which puts you in the 2900s on your S.
Paired with your ~350WTQ the "double the power" gap closes fast.

2015WhiteGTI

Go Kart Champion
excellent work.
GT500 weigh from 3900-4100lbs.
You have the lighter 6spd which puts you in the 2900s on your S.
Paired with your ~350WTQ the "double the power" gap closes fast.

Yes, my car is a little under 3,000lbs with my mods.
I did have a passenger too, so that evened that part out.

I know the GT500 is pretty heavy. Listed weights are 3845-3982lbs., so it could be up to 1,000lbs heavier! Yikes, that's a half-a-ton.

2015WhiteGTI

Go Kart Champion
i dragged one at heartland park this year and beat him by half a second in the 1/4 in my 15 gt mustang. he said he was 11 second car and i said me too!

From a dig driver is everything. From a roll, it's much easier not to mess things up.

I once say a guy at the drags running a Toyota Supra. His first pass was a 15.2 @ 136mph! We helped coach him and by the end of the day he had the car into the high 10's.

craigsix

Ready to race!
From a dig driver is everything. From a roll, it's much easier not to mess things up.

I once say a guy at the drags running a Toyota Supra. His first pass was a 15.2 @ 136mph! We helped coach him and by the end of the day he had the car into the high 10's.
yeah he mphd me by 10mph my 116 to his 126

Mk7GTl

Go Kart Champion
How much does a S with DSG weight?

Mattism78

Ready to race!

Exactly. I've seen guys with brand new supercars roll right through the water box and up to the line. They end up running the worst time imaginable. I saw a guy with a brand new Shelby Mustang do it twice in a row.

GTIBEN

Ready to race!
Yes, the 662HP when stock Shelby GT500. The guy had a passenger and I did see three additional gauges on the A-pillar, but I don't know if it was stock or had anything done to it. It was quite loud when he floored it (pretty nasty sounding no matter what).

We rolled on when I was in second gear up to about 90. I hung in better than I thought, but of course he was pulling away. I thought I'd be like Wiley Coyote vs. the Roadrunner, but it wasn't as bad as I thought considering he's making about twice the HP I am.

Pretty cool guy gave me the thumbs-up afterwards.

Stock 13-14 GT500 dynos around 600 rwh/tq and run around 125 mph in the 1/4; your car prob 108mphish with your mods which is still slower than a stock coyote 5.0...quite a difference.
Pulley and tune on the 500 and not even the Wolf can hang lol/.:rolleyes: