GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

'16 GTI DSG PP vs '16 STI stage 2

ML1234

Ready to race!
I am stage 2 apr dsg but no dsg tune.

I raced a 2015 stage 2 sti from a 30 to give him a chance. I have PSS now but I was on the shitty all seasons and they were bald. I pulled a car by 80 while spinning till 55-60. It was a good race tho. We stopped and he was in shock.

alerxovawo

Ready to race!
My friend had a '15 STI stage 2 before he traded it for his '16 R. His STI had a full turboback exhaust, intake, and custom dyno tune. He put down 305/297 to the wheels. My old mk6 stage 1 GLI used to hang with it. It wasn't that fast in my opinion. You will easily walk that STI when you tune to stage 2.

heftysmurf

Ready to race!
From what everyone tells me going stage two is a huge difference in noticeable power I just hope I'm not disappointed when I get it tuned. There will be a rematch once the last few mods are done.
So what tune are you planning on getting?

Jaysus

I am a bit surprised in your outcome as well.
A friend of mine has a 15 Stage 2 STI and claims he will walk my stock auto 15' GT stang with 3.55 gear from a roll. I'm very doubtful of that outcome.
I've never been in his car after stage 2 and he's never ridden in my stang. He's been in my GTI with JB1 and said he'd suck my doors off from a roll lol.

There isn't much data out there for current stage 2 STI's yet.

I doubt that. I know what those 5.0 can do and will put that STI to shame on a rolling run.

oheyitskev

Ready to race!
I was beaten pretty bad by what I thought was a Camaro SS (stage 2 golf R Ed 6mt) I even had the jump as he was behind me at a light, I'm now thinking he had some serious work done or could've been a zl1, I couldn't get a good look at the car to tell.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Jaysus

I was beaten pretty bad by what I thought was a Camaro SS (stage 2 golf R Ed 6mt) I even had the jump as he was behind me at a light, I'm now thinking he had some serious work done or could've been a zl1, I couldn't get a good look at the car to tell.

Could have been either a cammed out camaro or a zl1.

My previous car before the GTI was a 2014 camaro ss and I did a stage 4 BTR cam with all the goodies and I was pushing 497/487 at the wheels and it hauled ass! I sure do miss that thing but not the horrible mpg.

signkutter

Ready to race!

If it was the new SS I am not surprised. Those cars dyno over 420 to the wheels. 4 sec 0 to 60, high 11/low 12's in the quarter...that's stock... i imagine that better tires and a few bolt ons will shave another .5 from those times

Matt15GTI

Ready to race!
I've mentioned this before in the forums, when I had my '15 wrx it was protune stage 1+. It was tuned at IAG in Maryland. It made 289awhp and 299awtq. Stock pass was 220awhp and 240awtq. But the car ran terrible, had a stumble that would show up on the highway at zero vacuum. I had a few revision tunes and it still had issues. Thank God my GTI makes more power and runs perfect. Very happy with my GTI, and I know from a roll my car is way faster than my rex ever was.