GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GTI vs 2016 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8

2015WhiteGTI

Go Kart Champion
Saw a white Genesis Coupe coming up from behind me very quickly. He was looking to play and we ended up finding a complete break in traffic on a four-lane, split highway.
We slowed to second gear speed for me (he was automatic) and went on three honks. I pulled out quickly as I was spooled up. Once his revs caught up he started to reel me in (normally aspirated). Shifting into third we ended staying pretty close, but he was pulling ever so slightly and then we shut it down. Pretty close for sure.
We had the chance to talk at a stop light when we got off the highway. His was a new 3.8 with an AEM CAI. He said 348hp, but I wasn't sure because it didn't seem that fast (I think my car should be around 235-ish hp with the APR intake and exhaust). I checked the specs and sure enough, the Hyundai is rated at 348hp from the factory. They also weigh over 3,500lbs. My car should be just under 3,000lbs with my wheels and exhaust.
I told him I only had the CAI and exhaust. He asked about a tune. I said the outcome would have been very different. He smiled and pointed forward! Pretty cool guy.

cbaumy34

Go Kart Champion
Not bad [emoji106]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

2015WhiteGTI

Go Kart Champion
Of course he would have destroyed you from a stop.

He was automatic too. If he were manual also, it would have come down to driver. I've seen many "fast" cars not go anywhere on the launch.

Automatics will always rule when it comes to drag races for sure. I still won't trade my manual for an automatic for anything!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqdCOsJRewc