GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

JB4 Logging, stacking and Map 6 Discussion

Hardy_Mk7

So I put some e20 in and drove around on Map1 for a few miles. I wanted to switch to map6 and run the log but during normal driving I was getting some really weird and awful AFR spikes. Like 17+. Also, if I rolled into the pedal slightly I would get very small timing pull in multiple cylinders. Can anyone chime in? Was scared to run a log with timing pull on very slight acceleration.

The timing pull would occur as soon as I heard spool.

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
So I put some e20 in and drove around on Map1 for a few miles. I wanted to switch to map6 and run the log but during normal driving I was getting some really weird and awful AFR spikes. Like 17+. Also, if I rolled into the pedal slightly I would get very small timing pull in multiple cylinders. Can anyone chime in? Was scared to run a log with timing pull on very slight acceleration.

are fuel bias all set to 100?

arob157

Drag Racing Champion

Just curious, did you fill the ethanol on top of the tank? Or is this actually a straight e20 blend out of the filling station? It would make me curious to know what content E15 or E20 isncomprosed of (base gas is what I am wondering)

Also, I see some interesting timing from IGN_1 and AFRs (though mainly ignition advances) during normal daily driving. Burn through that tank and make a blend yourself using 91 or 93 and E85. Fill 2-3 gallons of E first, then the gas on top to act as the mixer.

Hardy_Mk7

Just curious, did you fill the ethanol on top of the tank? Or is this actually a straight e20 blend out of the filling station? It would make me curious to know what content E15 or E20 isncomprosed of (base gas is what I am wondering)

Also, I see some interesting timing from IGN_1 and AFRs (though mainly ignition advances) during normal daily driving. Burn through that tank and make a blend yourself using 91 or 93 and E85. Fill 2-3 gallons of E first, then the gas on top to act as the mixer.

All fuel bias set to 100. And the e20 is straight from the pump at a Racetrac next to my house. Next fill up I will do the blend myself.

dood.

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S DSG

dood.

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S DSG
Looks great. Send it.

Sweet. Haha I’m sure with time I’ll start playing with Map 6.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dood.

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S DSG
At least put that e25 to use on map2

My only concern with Map 2 is it does get pretty warm here, but I guess there’s only one way to find out...

dood.

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S DSG
My only concern with Map 2 is it does get pretty warm here, but I guess there’s only one way to find out...

Now that I look at some logs Map 2 doesn’t seem that aggressive. Max difference in target relative to Map 1 is +1.4 psi

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI

Kyle@aerofabb

I have been lurking around these forums for a while now and thought I would finally ask for some help. I have not yet read all the way through this thread so it is possible the answer I am looking for is in here, I just have yet to find it.

I recently bought a used JB4 and have been running map2, everything works great. But I want to start messing around with map6. My problem is the previous owner was is38 and downpipe. All of his previous settings are in there and I cannot find what the default map6 setting are supposed to be. So if anyone can prost a screenshot of the default map6 settings that would be great. I am still stock other than the JB4 so I am not expecting crazy gains, but is the default setting a good place to start or does anyone have a better idea of where I should start with map6?

Thanks in advance for the help and everyone who has posted in this thread this far, there is some great info in here

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
I have been lurking around these forums for a while now and thought I would finally ask for some help. I have not yet read all the way through this thread so it is possible the answer I am looking for is in here, I just have yet to find it.

I recently bought a used JB4 and have been running map2, everything works great. But I want to start messing around with map6. My problem is the previous owner was is38 and downpipe. All of his previous settings are in there and I cannot find what the default map6 setting are supposed to be. So if anyone can prost a screenshot of the default map6 settings that would be great. I am still stock other than the JB4 so I am not expecting crazy gains, but is the default setting a good place to start or does anyone have a better idea of where I should start with map6?

Thanks in advance for the help and everyone who has posted in this thread this far, there is some great info in here

Assuming DSG:

Boost Safety 26
Fuel Open loop 50
Fuel Bias: all set to 100

1500 - 2.0
2000 - 3.0
2500 - 4.0
3000 - 4.5
3500 - 4.5
4000 - 5.0
4500 - 6.0
5000 - 6.0